Stop the madness....renaming Lake Lanier & Buford Dam?

oldfella1962

facepalm: Bad enough Fort Gordon (and other bases) have to change their name, but give it a rest, okay? The funny thing is the crazies will tear down statues of Frederick Douglass (yep, that Frederick Douglass) and Abe Lincoln with my point being what good does it do anyway to appease the people that don't like things named after Confederates, when even their heroes aren't above trashing & disrespecting? :huh:

Dr. Strangelove

More of the "woke" culture that is destroying this country. I'll just stop there.

Doboy Dawg

I knew just as soon as I saw that episode of Expedition Unknown with Josh Gates about Lake Lanier’s ghosts this would happen.:ROFLMAO:Those ghosts ain’t happy.

transfixer

I was born in Gainesville, my grandparents original farm is under water, part of Lake Lanier, they were bought out and relocated about 10miles east of town off hwy 129,

Last time I visited Gainesville its nothing like it was when I used to spend summers on my grandparents farm, I recognize most of the roads, but hardly none of the businesses , not sure if any of the original area inhabitants are still around ? so I don't know if any of the locals would even really protest about a name change ?

I used to love that whole area,,, but its gone now

oldfella1962

I was born in Gainesville, my grandparents original farm is under water, part of Lake Lanier, they were bought out and relocated about 10miles east of town off hwy 129,

Last time I visited Gainesville its nothing like it was when I used to spend summers on my grandparents farm, I recognize most of the roads, but hardly none of the businesses , not sure if any of the original area inhabitants are still around ? so I don't know if any of the locals would even really protest about a name change ?

I used to love that whole area,,, but its gone now
Are all the business names en espanol? When I drove through that area few years ago I saw a lot of them.

LTZ25

If you think it's the Mexican coming into this county to work are the one's wanting to change name's on every place in this country you be wrong .

RamblinWreck88

Useles Billy ain’t got nothing on ME !
Are all the business names en espanol? When I drove through that area few years ago I saw a lot of them.

I've heard some locals call that particular area of Gainesville "Little Mexico." There be some sure-enough good food around there.

Last edited:

oldfella1962

If you think it's the Mexican coming into this county to work are the one's wanting to change name's on every place in this country you be wrong .
I would think that the vast majority definitely don't care one way or the other what we name our lakes & military bases. They don't have any skin in the game going back to the Civil War that I know of anyway. I just don't see the point in renaming all these places after many decades.

That said at least nobody has suggested changing the name of our country yet. If they do, watch out if the new name contains any of the following "red flag" words & phrases:
The Former
Peoples
Democratic
Republic
Stan

1eyefishing

...just joking, seriously.
They not gonna like what I call it from now on if it gets renamed.
I'll make it way more offensive to the leftists than 'private in the CSA'.

Resica

Sidney Lanier was a poet who happened to serve as a private in the Confederate Army, Buford was a Lt. Colonel in Virginia Militia. My goodness what's next, George Washington and Thomas Jefferson, etc..... owned slaves. This nonsense needs to stop!!

Crakajak

Daily Driveler News Team
I don,t care what "they" rename it will a.ways be called Lake Lanier and Burfod Dam in my house.