Darton......

mizzippi jb

Welcome back.
I stopped in to a well respected shop today. Been a PSE/Bowtech dealer for as long as they've been around. They now have a good amount of darton bows on hand. They were pushing em of course. Haven't heard much of em in 15-20 yrs. Anybody looking to shoot one of em or drooling over 1? Yeah I know they cut the cams in most bows but..... Darton?

earlthegoat2

Interesting. You never really saw them much down here.

They are/were out of Hale, MI so growing up in MI, they were pretty common. I even worked at a Darton dealer not far from Hale.

Now, the Darton website says they are out of Canton, GA. This conflicts with their Facebook page that is still active and continues to say they are in Hale.

Anyway, if they are in fact tied to GA now, it makes sense dealers are picking them up.

As to how good they are, historically they really pioneered the dual cam bow and stubbornly stuck with them during the single cam days until the rest of the industry also came back to them so they apparently knew what worked well.

The ones from 10 years ago were smooth shooters and gave up very little in speed to the top bows of Bowtech and Hoyt.

I wouldn’t call them a 1st tier bow just because the name is not recognized all over the country but they definitely perform like one and are priced right there with them as well.

finnhunter

Interesting. My main bow is a 2010 Darton and my (old) backup bow is a Darton. I might have to take a look at the new ones. Thanks for posting.

Last edited:

Duff

That is interesting. Didn’t know they were still in business.

notnksnemor

The Great and Powerful Oz
I had a Darton Maverick 20+ years ago.
It was a good shooter.

Pruitt1

I bought a Darton veracity 35 for half price of a new one. I shoot a 31.5" draw its pretty aggressive came at my draw shoots and holds well. I do like the holding weight and great back wall. It's fast at my draw but its just to aggressive for me. I owen an Evoke 35 and a Bowtech SS34 and a Athens vista 35 after shooting these bows that Darton is way more aggressive at my draw. Nice bows though at good price.

BeerThirty

Darton was a respected brand in the upper Midwest in the 90's and 2000's. Well-built, strong shooting compounds. It's all my dad and his hunting buddies ever shot. However, somewhere in there they just fizzled out. I actually inherited my dad's old Darton, believe it's an 80-lb draw. I thought about taking it in and seeing if I could get it back into action...

notnksnemor

The Great and Powerful Oz
Bowtech and the "Solo Cam" pushed Darton to the rear.
As said above, Darton had aggressive cams. We called them "hatchet cams" and they were harder to time and tune than the new solo cam.

Hunter922

We See them all the time in 3D And Indoor shooting tournaments.

Ihunt

Chucks in Warner Robins carry’s Darton bows.

deast1988

Black Eagle purchased them, signed a few known shooters, rebranded, redesigned and came out with some pretty sweet modern models. Watched Aaron Snyder do a test and the bows seem legit