Day pack recommendations?

Professor

If you ever might need to pack an animal out then spend the money and get a Mystery Ranch Mule. For carrying the gear you listed I use a US Military waist pack. you can get them for 20 bucks at many online surplus dealers.
pouch2__61526.1554310084.1280.1280.JPG

Professor

I agree Jim. I used to hunt with a $300 Savage with a $50 scope in $40 camo out of a $50 stand. Lol but once you start tasting quality gear, its hard to go back. Plus I hunt an average of 5+ hunts a week all season. If I'm putting in that much time, I like to do so with good gear. Now I have a $2k Savage and $800 scope. Do I need it? Heck no. Lol Nice to have though.
I have come to the conclusion that gear is more important than the gun. It used to be an afterthought.

Rodonne1

I can’t say enough good about Mystery Ranch, I have two different 1 Day Assault packs that’s I use for everything from deer stands to family trips to Disney World, love those packs!! I also bought a Mystery Ranch Metcalf for Colorado Elk Hunting and was very happy with it too. Great company, great packs, not cheap but buy once, cry once....

Professor

I can’t say enough good about Mystery Ranch, I have two different 1 Day Assault packs that’s I use for everything from deer stands to family trips to Disney World, love those packs!! I also bought a Mystery Ranch Metcalf for Colorado Elk Hunting and was very happy with it too. Great company, great packs, not cheap but buy once, cry once....
I took the buy once cry once approach and bought a Mystery Ranch Selway. After seeing what I was paying for I bought two more. I have a Mule for day hunts and a cabinet for overnight. I could get by with one, but I have a son and daughter that hike and hunt so that was a great excuse to spend the money. Know this: No matter how many years pass, a Mystery Ranch pack will not crap out.