Need some carpet advice?

DannyW

I don't remember ever having carpet installed. I've had carpet, but it was already installed before I moved in, and when it wore out I replaced it with tile or hardwoods.

My mom has some water damage in the basement. One large room, about 900 SF (including a 23.3% waste factor). She lives in Norcross and is getting the carpet replaced under an insurance claim.

I need to find an installer. I value workmanship, of course, but what I need more than anything else is some that I can trust. Someone who is going to be there when they say and do what they say they will. My mom is 87 years old and has very poor hearing. I will be there but probably not for the entire project.

There will also need to be a pack-out of the items in the room. Some big stuff...piano, pool table, several heavy cabinets and recliners. The insurance adjuster told me most people who install carpet know someone who does that, and they would work directly with the insurance company regarding quotes and getting paid (Safeco/Liberty Mutual)

I don't want to go with Home Depot because of the extra mark-up. Plus I would rather help a small business owner...Home Depot makes enough money.

Does anyone know a carpet installer that they can recommend in the Norcross area? Looking to get this done in the next two weeks.

dwhee87

GON Political Forum Scientific Studies Poster
I've had very good luck with the installers sent out by home depot. You get a guarantee for the extra $$.

Oldstick

I've had very good luck with the installers sent out by home depot. You get a guarantee for the extra $$.
Same here. Lowes as well.

Deerhead

I used a carpet store out of Lawrenceville three times. The last two times the carpet has failed. This last installation has been re-stretched four times. Thought I purchased (and paid for) top quality carpet. Next time I will just go to Home Depot. Good Luck!