Deadline extended for Georgia's turkey quota hunt applications

fredw

Retired Moderator
http://georgiawildlife.com/node/3517

With many Georgians experiencing power outages and other challenges this past week, the Georgia Department of Natural Resources’ Wildlife Resources Division decided to extend the turkey quota hunt application deadline through 11:59 p.m. on Feb. 19, 2014.

“We want to give sportsmen and women every opportunity to apply for a turkey quota hunt and we realize that for many people this week, the previous deadline of February 15 was not a priority,” said John Bowers, chief of the Game Management Section. “Extending the deadline to the 19th provides a chance for everyone to get their application in for a chance to experience some of the best turkey hunting experiences available in Georgia.”

sman

Noticed that last night. Thanks for the heads up. Thought I was losing it for a minute.

Unicoidawg

Staff member
Well isn't that special...... I had a certain number of days to get my deer quota in and missed it on my own accord. I sent an e-mail asking to be let apply for a preference point one day late and was promptly told I had plenty of time and pretty much tough luck. Gotta love DNR bending rules to make themselves look better......

Toddmann

I got a feeling something could be wrong with the quota system and they might be using the snow situation to blame it on to buy time to fix it or maybe not.

Last edited:

GA DAWG

I got 7 rejections :D Be 8 after the 19th. Unless it is messed up and I get river creek with one.

sman

I got 7 rejections :D Be 8 after the 19th. Unless it is messed up and I get river creek with one.

I know your determined to get there but I would reconsider and hunt a bunch of other ones for the next 7 yrs.

One big trip you've waited for or a special hunt every yr for the next 7 yrs.

GA DAWG

I know your determined to get there but I would reconsider and hunt a bunch of other ones for the next 7 yrs.

One big trip you've waited for or a special hunt every yr for the next 7 yrs.
Yeah Really don't have a turkey huntin buddy nowdays. That's why Im just building points. I decided using all these for one turkey hunt is not to smart :)

Matthewmathis8

I bet they noticed the number of applicants was down so they extended. I'm hoping to get drawn at Joe Kurtz.

djenkins0992

I would love to try my hand at turkey hunting. I signed up and then removed my application. I really don't know much about calling them in - I just see them deer hunting.
I agree, I bet it was low numbers they were getting.