Deep South Extreme Cold Weather And Deer Hunting

tell sackett

It hasn’t been as cold as it’s gonna get in so long I’ve forgot . But I’m off work til the 3rd and need about 3 to fill my new freezer so I’ll be in a tree starting in the morning at daylight . I’ll report back . May not see a deer, but chances are if I do it’s taking a truck ride . Or at least getting shot at
I’m in the same boat with ya.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
Late afternoon will also be good because they need to take in more calories to get them through the colder nights so then it’s time to be over a green plot or corn.

I'm down with this in particular. I'll hunt the morning hunt for sure and maybe some midday but my money is on late afternoon. When the sun starts to get low they know they got to top off that gas tank to get through the night.

SC Hunter

Sat this morning in Schley County with my buddy in a tower stand. We hunt together every year on Christmas Eve if at all possible and sit together several times during the year just chit chatting and enjoying the company. We saw several this morning starting around 8 AM and got down about 9. The wind is what makes the cold about unbearable, without the wind it wouldn't be too bad.

Sat this morning in Schley County with my buddy in a tower stand. We hunt together every year on Christmas Eve if at all possible and sit together several times during the year just chit chatting and enjoying the company. We saw several this morning starting around 8 AM and got down about 9. The wind is what makes the cold about unbearable, without the wind it wouldn't be too bad.
Me and my buddy in Texas use to do that. Just enjoyed the comrade and making memories.

SC Hunter

Me and my buddy in Texas use to do that. Just enjoyed the comrade and making memories.
Thats us. We've been friends over 20 years and in each other's weddings and all. We just sit and talk about life and the kids. We joked this morning that 15 years ago there would have been something shot early so we could go home. It's just fun hunting like that.

Thats us. We've been friends over 20 years and in each other's weddings and all. We just sit and talk about life and the kids. We joked this morning that 15 years ago there would have been something shot early so we could go home. It's just fun hunting like that.
Man that’s cool. I enjoy doing that with life long friends. Reminiscing about the ole days and such. We have been friends for 30 years. Haven’t seen him in probably 15 years. We talk after and share pictures and videos and such..

fireman32

"Useless Billy" Fire Chief.
Started seeing deer at 9:00 this morning from my kitchen window. My folks came over and saw deer from the road pretty much all day today during their visiting of friends and family.