Cold Front Weekend Sit

Lowslungcj

Alright y’all,

I’d like to ask for some wisdom on what to do this weekend.

I can only hunt Saturday morning or Saturday night this weekend. I only have deer daylighting in front of my camera at dusk and around 6:00 am. The deer aren’t showing up every night but at least I know they have come out during shooting hours around 7:35 pm. With the cold front coming in and the moon being almost to a new moon what would you do?

-Hunt Saturday morning and hope the deer shift their time near my stand due to the cold front
-Hunt Saturday night and hope they come out early enough to get

I’m leaning towards Saturday night as of right now.

slow motion

Check the wind. If everything is equal hunt when your pics say it's your best opportunity. If not hunt the best wind for your area. Sometimes though the wrong wind opens up a whole new approach. Good luck man.

Browning Slayer

Official Voice Of The Dawgs !
I would hunt every chance I could and not "wonder". Cameras only show you a single frame of what is going on around it.

Last edited:

rstallings1979

Saturday evening for me....I have two on camera that I would like to take with the bow. Maybe one will show and I can make the shot. I actually feel pretty confident with the change in weather one or both may pop out.

Dean

Wouldn't hunt either if wind wasn't suitable for stand/entry location. Just my opinion, but pics at 6:00am seems to me would make it challenging at best to access your stand without blowing the deer out walking in on AM sit. This time of year irregardless I prefer afternoon sits only....

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
Wouldn't hunt either if wind wasn't suitable for stand/entry location. Just my opinion, but pics at 6:00am seems to me would make it challenging at best to access your stand without blowing the deer out walking in on AM sit. This time of year irregardless I prefer afternoon sits only....

Good point and I got the receipts to prove your point.

If it's an either or I would go for the evening sit.

Lowslungcj

I appreciate all the advise guys.

I do have the camera over a scrape that is near a natural deer path. I have thrown out about 5 lbs of the peanut based 4S Draw once every 7-10 days.

Since the wind is supposed to be bad I could basically just go hunt/scout another hardwood bottom. I chose this spot as my lockout on the new club I joined since it’s got a small creek and a ton of white oaks. Of course last year was a bumper crop and I don’t see a acorn in any of the white oaks looking through my binoculars.

It’s hard to trust the wind forecast because I came out this morning and the forecast is completely wrong about which way the wind is blowing. I’ll have to play it by ear tomorrow.

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
I appreciate all the advise guys.

I do have the camera over a scrape that is near a natural deer path. I have thrown out about 5 lbs of the peanut based 4S Draw once every 7-10 days.

Since the wind is supposed to be bad I could basically just go hunt/scout another hardwood bottom. I chose this spot as my lockout on the new club I joined since it’s got a small creek and a ton of white oaks. Of course last year was a bumper crop and I don’t see a acorn in any of the white oaks looking through my binoculars.

It’s hard to trust the wind forecast because I came out this morning and the forecast is completely wrong about which way the wind is blowing. I’ll have to play it by ear tomorrow.
Another evening vote. And I too cannot seem to find the acorns. The ones I have found I can see with the naked eye, but they are not dropping yet. I’m in North Bartow and Cherokee Counties mostly. I do see more deer at last light than I have in the AM.

Lowslungcj

Well I found my evening spot to sit. I moved areas and found a hardwood bottom with some kind of red oak dropping small fingernail sized acorns. There are acorns dropping everywhere and there is actually water 20 yards from me as well. It’s a really nice quiet bottom for the night!

I found some pigs on my way in and stalked them to 12 yards looking for momma. I decided they weren’t worth the arrow and ending my hunt at 5:00 pm.

Latest posts