Deer Friday 4/1/22

olcaptain

1.JPG
2.jpg
3.JPG

Deer Friday:
This week has been both a physical and emotional Roller Coaster. I have asked myself several times during this time of Post Knee Replacement Surgery "Are you a man or are you a mouse?" Several times I have boldly answered with a resounding, "Squeak!"
On a positive note, I have experienced not an outpouring but a torrential flood of love. Many of you have prayed. Many have sent texts, calls, and written Cards. We have received so much food that we have had to put a great deal of it in the freezer lest it spoils. Today will be my fifth day of rehab and I have been picked up and taken every time almost 40 miles round trip. I go 3x a week and many of my rides are already booked with others asking to go again. Am I learning anything in this valley? Is God trying once again to show me His truths? No doubt about it.

Today is 9 days post-surgery and I feel like and hope and pray that I've turned the corner. Right now I'm not sure when I'll have the other knee done but I do like the response that was shared by a very dear friend who said "I'll have the other one done when they catch me." I hope you enjoy today's photos and between the Good Lord and Carl, we will have some more next week. Stay tuned.

6.jpg
7.JPG

Hoss

Some fine shots Capt. Good to hear you are making progress. This getting old and getting the broke down parts fixed ain’t foe sissies. Sure glad most of my parts have held up And the ones that have broke down aren’t the painful ones.

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
Good to hear from you Captain ! Been thinking about you and praying ? . Great pictures also , I bet Carl is as ready as you are for you to be back in that canoe . Take care , you are in great hands

pjciii

I am happy to hear that the surgery went well and you have a positive outlook. Now i am praying that you are able to follow thru with all the rehab in front of you and that you are able to push yourself during those sessions. That you have all the range of motion without any pain.