Dehydrated channel cat

Shadow11

Don't know about catfish jerky, but I imagine there's a way to make fried catfish chips/pieces/bites or whatever you want to call it.

There was a gas station near my house that sold fried chicken skins. They came in a regular tater chip bag. Those things were awesome. Tasted just like the crunchy skin of a piece of fried chicken. They don't sell em anymore. Never seen em anywhere else.

JustUs4All

Slow Mod
Staff member
In VN my boat crew made friends with a Japanese crew on a tug that towed barges of rock around I-Corps out of Danang. They tied up sometimes just north of China Beach. They had a cook on board who was really good. We would give him our C-Rations and then eat with them for a couple of days.

For snacks they had plastic bags full of some sort small dried fish. The fish were about an inch and a half long, heads and tails on and guts in. They would pinch the gut portion, pull it away then eat the rest like popcorn. It took some watching time before I tried it and found it pretty good. But you will have to remember that I had mostly been on C-Rations for months. LOL