Did CZ Light a Fire Under Colt's Behind

Dub

CZ sure let Dan Wesson die on the vine.
I've bought my last DW.

It is nice seeing Colt coming out with additional models and versions. Very nice, indeed.

Liberty

I'm glad to see some new and increased production from Colt, but I consider wheel guns to still be legacy items. Colt needs a sidearm to compete with H&K, FN, Glock, Smith, and the others for a modern defensive handgun. I love the 1911 and wheel guns, but a revelant innovative modern sidearm is what you will find in the holsters of most civilians, police, and military units. Before the flames start, I know all hail Saint Browning, and wheel guns are real guns.

Dub

.....I know all hail Saint Browning, and wheel guns are real guns.

You got that right. :rockon:

Image 930.jpeg

Whether I'm shooting a model more closely configured to his original 1911.....or the modernized 2011.....and any version in between.....the genius shines through.

IMG_8643.jpeg

Range trips often find me shooting strikers, DA/SA & single actions.

IMG_8429.jpeg
Couldn't be more different in feel, yet I want to maintain proficiency as best I can with each & all.

The easiest to run for me, by far, is the modern 2011.
The J.M.B. DNA is clearly evident.
The modernizations shine through as well: high hand position, excellent balance, super recoil management....overall the best shooters for me and anyone I've introduced them to.
My son, father and nephew can make them sing. Supereasy to run and run accurately, swiftly and effectively.

J.M.B. 2.0. :shoot:

IMG_2027.jpeg

I've been lazy and not put forth the effort to improve my results with DA revolvers.
Every time I get ready to toss one in the range bag....a bottom feeder is grabbed instead.

IMG_4082.jpeg

Jester896

Senior Clown
@Dub i used to balance a nickle on my front sight and pull D/A to smooth things out. When my buddy and I were messing with .44s I told him I could do it....he threw the flag... :huh: I got that $5...BTW it does have Wolff springs in it