Did the Nephilim survive the great flood? Help me figure this out!

oldfella1962

“We only want discussion you morons and suckers.”-the AAA open minded regulars.
IMHO bass man 31's theory would definitely inspire discussion. What I can't figure out is if Nephilim were around "and after the Flood too" then they weren't wiped out in the Flood. :confused: If everybody on Earth is descended from the Ark crew, then somebody on the Ark had Nephilim genes!

Danuwoa

Redneck Emperor
IMHO bass man 31's theory would definitely inspire discussion. What I can't figure out is if Nephilim were around "and after the Flood too" then they weren't wiped out in the Flood. :confused: If everybody on Earth is descended from the Ark crew, then somebody on the Ark had Nephilim genes!
I guess you missed the part of your own post that said, “They spread among the Israelites a bad report…”. What does that mean to you?

oldfella1962

I guess you missed the part of your own post that said, “They spread among the Israelites a bad report…”. What does that mean to you?
It was quite a few months ago - I'll have to review my old post to see what I was quoting from.

oldfella1962

I suppose it's amusing that I can't remember every detail of a post from last April, but not that out of the ordinary since my memory is suboptimal. :huh:
Regardless, Artful Dodger answered my question back in April - the "sons of god" (whomever/whatever they are) kept returning and doing their "mating with human females" thing after the Flood.

Mars

My opinion of the subject is that all of humanity (with the exception of Noah because he was "perfect in his generations" substantiated by his genealogy that was provided in Genesis 5) had a gene problem as the result of fallen angels(Sons of God) reproducing with women(daughters of men) and producing angel human hybrids(Nephilim).

Somehow(not explained in the Bible) more Nephilim were produced which is why we see the giants later. I believe that is also why God commands the Israelites to kill every man, woman, and child of certain groups. They had hybrid DNA that could contaminate the pure God created DNA of Noah and furthermore prevent Jesus from having pure DNA.

On a related topic, Jesus said the end times would be "like the days of Noah." I believe he is referring to people altering their genetics. Seems like I've seen something about "gene therapy" in the news lately.

Danuwoa

Redneck Emperor
I suppose it's amusing that I can't remember every detail of a post from last April, but not that out of the ordinary since my memory is suboptimal. :huh:
Regardless, Artful Dodger answered my question back in April - the "sons of god" (whomever/whatever they are) kept returning and doing their "mating with human females" thing after the Flood.
Ten four.

oldfella1962

My opinion of the subject is that all of humanity (with the exception of Noah because he was "perfect in his generations" substantiated by his genealogy that was provided in Genesis 5) had a gene problem as the result of fallen angels(Sons of God) reproducing with women(daughters of men) and producing angel human hybrids(Nephilim).

Somehow(not explained in the Bible) more Nephilim were produced which is why we see the giants later. I believe that is also why God commands the Israelites to kill every man, woman, and child of certain groups. They had hybrid DNA that could contaminate the pure God created DNA of Noah and furthermore prevent Jesus from having pure DNA.

On a related topic, Jesus said the end times would be "like the days of Noah." I believe he is referring to people altering their genetics. Seems like I've seen something about "gene therapy" in the news lately.
About your second section, concerning god commanding the Israelites to kill every man, woman and child. On one occasion (maybe more, people more familiar with the bible might weigh in here) god said to wipe everyone out EXCEPT for the young virgin females, who the Israelite soldiers could take home to do as they saw fit, being of course to take as wives. I think this was when fighting the Canaanites or Amalekites or some tribe.
My point being saving the young virgins to use as wives would defeat the purpose of wiping out all the contaminated DNA. :unsure:

Mars

About your second section, concerning god commanding the Israelites to kill every man, woman and child. On one occasion (maybe more, people more familiar with the bible might weigh in here) god said to wipe everyone out EXCEPT for the young virgin females, who the Israelite soldiers could take home to do as they saw fit, being of course to take as wives. I think this was when fighting the Canaanites or Amalekites or some tribe.

My point being saving the young virgins to use as wives would defeat the purpose of wiping out all the contaminated DNA. 
My assumption, since its not explained to us, is that not all of the tribes the Irsealites encountered in the promised land were of a hybrid race but the ones where they were instructed to kill absolutely everyone were.

oldfella1962

My assumption, since its not explained to us, is that not all of the tribes the Irsealites encountered in the promised land were of a hybrid race but the ones where they were instructed to kill absolutely everyone were.
Well that would make sense I guess if you subscribe to the idea that the bible writers knew a lot about advanced genetics. From some other parts of the OT like Genesis 30:39 (when having sheep mate in front of tree branches with a spotted pattern produces spotted sheep) it seems that they didn't have a firm grasp on genetic science.

tell sackett

Okay, for those of you who don't know, one of the reasons God flooded the world is in Genesis 6

"When human beings began to increase in number on the earth and daughters were born to them, the sons of God saw that the daughters of humans were beautiful, and they married any of them they chose. Then the Lord said, “My Spirit will not contend with humans forever, for they are mortal; their days will be a hundred and twenty years.” The Nephilim were on the earth in those days—and also afterward—when the sons of God went to the daughters of humans and had children by them. They were the heroes of old, men of renown."

You with me so far? Sons of God * had naught time with female humans and Nephilim were the result. But these Nephilim were killed along with all the other sinners and wicked people when God flooded the world except for Noah and other ark voyagers. OR WERE THEY? :unsure:

Later on in the bible in Numbers 13 twelve spies are on a recon mission to scout out lands to be divided up. This is way, way after the great flood. Everyone in the world at this time is a descendant of somebody who was on Noah's ark. Everyone else was killed by God in the flood, right?

31 But the men who had gone up with him said, “We can’t attack those people; they are stronger than we are.” 32 And they spread among the Israelites a bad report about the land they had explored. They said, “The land we explored devours those living in it. All the people we saw there are of great size. 33 We saw the Nephilim there (the descendants of Anak come from the Nephilim). We seemed like grasshoppers in our own eyes, and we looked the same to them.”

BACK THE TRAIN UP! How could the spies have claimed to see the Nephilim if the Nephilim never even existed by then? They would have been wiped out centuries before, in the great flood! Yes, the spies gave a false report about seeing them there but not one red flag goes up that they might be telling a falsehood by claiming to see giants? So apparently Nephilim still existed since they are being referenced. So did "the sons of god" continue to impregnate human females after the flood?

Or did the Nephilim (or their descendants) SURVIVE THE FLOOD which was supposed to everyone & everything on Noah's ark? Are shenanigans afoot? :unsure:

For more information on this subject go to "what's the deal with the Nephilim" on you tube. The bible references the Nephilim twice more in the bible too, as the video will examine. But my focus is this: if God wiped them out in the flood prior to all the other stories in the bible happening (Egypt, Moses, etc.etc) then how can they still be on Earth centuries later unless more of them were created when "the sons of god" resumed their unholy coupling with humans?
rong interpretation

Last edited:

tell sackett

Nephilim doesn’t mean giant. Sons of God doesn’t refer to angels.

oldfella1962

Who/what in your opinion are the Nephilim? Also, who/what exactly are the Sons of God?

kmh1031

No they did not survive.. the Bible is clear that only 6 survived…
The exaggerating claims of the spies were die to them being scared. And Joshua had the clear story due to his report of the land

And no, no other angels materialized in exact human form after the flood..

kmh1031

Sons of god does refer to angels
The sons of God mentioned at Gen 6:2 most certainly were angels, spirit “sons of God.” This expression is applied to angels ay Job 1:6 and 38:7

kmh1031

The sons of God mentioned at Gen 6:2 most certainly were angels, spirit “sons of God.” This expression is applied to angels ay Job 1:6 and 38:7

oldfella1962

I'm getting conflicting information here! :cry:

tell sackett

Why would fallen angels be referred to as the sons of God?

oldfella1962

Why would fallen angels be referred to as the sons of God?
Maybe they weren't fallen angels, just regular angels. Like the two angels who visited Lot and stayed in his house. Just regular angels who do routine missions, but are attracted to hot human women.