Did you reload anything today #4

Dub

yep...went there this morning. Grafs had a sale and I went looking for shot shells since my WM doesn't carry the supply others do. For the 2 flats of shells that totaled $167 the wanted $147.?? to ship them to me :ROFLMAO:
:hair:That is pure insanity on those shipping charges.

Have you checked with Roger's ?

Jester896

Senior Clown
@Dub I am going to be passing 3 different Wally Worlds this week and will stop in to see what they have before I order them. I think the Federal site includes shipping but I'll check that too. Most of the others, the flats are on the exclusion list of free shipping.

Reactions: Dub

menhadenman

yep...went there this morning. Grafs had a sale and I went looking for shot shells since my WM doesn't carry the supply others do. For the 2 flats of shells that totaled $167 the wanted $147.?? to ship them to me :ROFLMAO:
$100 delivered @Jester896 - I bought my last several flats from Ammoman. They have a few other options in that same area.

Liberty

Will be using it for 6GT whenever I get time to barrel my action and assemble the rifle.

Work schedule has been a beast. No time or energy for anything on my days off.
Dub, I played around with some Shooters World match for slow fire standing, since shooting 77 grain bullets at 200 yards feels like a waste. This was at 50 rested on my pistol range, not 100. The group was shot from my White Oak. Not the best load ever, but better than me standing without a sling on my best day.
92286897-5F5F-4C0A-97C7-DAF66D216E43.jpeg

menhadenman

Dub, I played around with some Shooters World match for slow fire standing, since shooting 77 grain bullets at 200 yards feels like a waste. This was at 50 rested on my pistol range, not 100. The group was shot from my White Oak. Not the best load ever, but better than me standing without a sling on my best day.
View attachment 1303009
I got a white oak barrel that shoots like that… 69 RMRs over benchmark. This is 5 shots at 100 yds from a bipod and rear bag. Easily my best from a gas gun ever.

13A78FD0-8C9E-42C1-A4AB-F5B0BE754509.jpeg

menhadenman

And I owe you a weekend report from my son’s 243. Turns out 4064 didn’t work so hot for his Ruger American… but dang if the old brown mule IMR 4350 showed up. I didn’t have the Labradar and forgot my bags, so maybe not the best (used an empty water bottle for rear support) but I think there’s something to work with here.

First group - all four shots - over 41.5 grains.

478F3690-EDC5-4539-9ACE-D2CAE9A04465.jpeg

Second group.

8E09DE20-AE84-4B39-8783-009D2D7B4E58.jpeg

Third group.

D9EF8426-AD80-4DA1-B713-1D2578B85B4B.jpeg

He’ll probably never see a 100 yard shot with this gun so I’m more inclined to just call it with a decent load and roll a couple hundred for target practice.

But… :rofl:

menhadenman

Forgot to mention, we have a fair MOA 5-shot load with 90 Hot Cors over StaBall of all things. And I did clock that at just under 3,000 fps.

And I also shot some TTXs but they didn’t do as well. Hard to get into experimenting with those spendy bullets! But after seeing what @BriarPatch99 does with his quarter bore I want to check it out.

Liberty

And I owe you a weekend report from my son’s 243. Turns out 4064 didn’t work so hot for his Ruger American… but dang if the old brown mule IMR 4350 showed up. I didn’t have the Labradar and forgot my bags, so maybe not the best (used an empty water bottle for rear support) but I think there’s something to work with here.

First group - all four shots - over 41.5 grains.

View attachment 1303022

Second group.

View attachment 1303021

Third group.

View attachment 1303020

He’ll probably never see a 100 yard shot with this gun so I’m more inclined to just call it with a decent load and roll a couple hundred for target practice.

But… :rofl:
That will kill a deer for sure. If you want to safely get some wild velocities, try Magpro in .243 and .270. The accuracy for me has been consistently good with Magpro in both calibers plus 7mag with 150 Berger’s, or 150 Speer, and very poor with Partitions or Interlocks in my rifle.

Liberty

I got a white oak barrel that shoots like that… 69 RMRs over benchmark. This is 5 shots at 100 yds from a bipod and rear bag. Easily my best from a gas gun ever.

View attachment 1303019
That looks great! I think the 1 in 7 over-spins the light bullets making accuracy erratic unless just the right harmonics are found. This a non-provable by me theory, that has no basis in any fact other than my personal experience.

menhadenman

That will kill a deer for sure. If you want to safely get some wild velocities, try Magpro in .243 and .270. The accuracy for me has been consistently good with Magpro in both calibers plus 7mag with 150 Berger’s, or 150 Speer, and very poor with Partitions or Interlocks in my rifle.
How’s it handle heat swings?

I have a buddy that uses magpro for 7 RM and 150s… says it’s good but I haven’t tried it.

Liberty

How’s it handle heat swings?
I generally work up max hunting loads in the summertime with anything of I’m going “hot”, but Magpro doesn’t seem to know that it’s cold outside during hunting season. It hasn’t shown me any signs of being squirrelly . I use CCI large rifle primers except in the 7 mag, which gets magnum rifle primers. If we were in Minnesota, I might work up all those loads with magnum primers shooting ball powder. .243 and .270 just aren’t burning much powder.

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
@Dub I am going to be passing 3 different Wally Worlds this week and will stop in to see what they have before I order them. I think the Federal site includes shipping but I'll check that too. Most of the others, the flats are on the exclusion list of free shipping.
A friend of mine from PA that shoots clays has daughter attending U of AR, he drives down to visit her. It’s just a short distance to Walmart HQ and there’s 6 Walmarts within short driving distance. He started visiting a different Walmart daily. He got the delivery schedule down and was buying cases of shells. When he drove back to PA the whole back of the SUV was loaded so high one could not see out the back window. Every space had ammo stacked in it. If he had gotten stopped it would have been an interesting conversation though he did absolutely nothing illegal.

menhadenman

I generally work up max hunting loads in the summertime with anything of I’m going “hot”, but Magpro doesn’t seem to know that it’s cold outside during hunting season. It hasn’t shown me any signs of being squirrelly . I use CCI large rifle primers except in the 7 mag, which gets magnum rifle primers. If we were in Minnesota, I might work up all those loads with magnum primers shooting ball powder. .243 and .270 just aren’t burning much powder.
Sold!

I’ve got Retumbo, H1000, and 4831sc but that stuff is getting spendy.

Jester896

Senior Clown
That looks great! I think the 1 in 7 over-spins the light bullets making accuracy erratic unless just the right harmonics are found. This a non-provable by me theory, that has no basis in any fact other than my personal experience.
if you over spin a bullet it causes the nose to lift. Doing so will create drag on longer trajectories therefore decreasing the BC of the bullet
A friend of mine from PA that shoots clays has daughter attending U of AR, he drives down to visit her. It’s just a short distance to Walmart HQ and there’s 6 Walmarts within short driving distance. He started visiting a different Walmart daily. He got the delivery schedule down and was buying cases of shells. When he drove back to PA the whole back of the SUV was loaded so high one could not see out the back window. Every space had ammo stacked in it. If he had gotten stopped it would have been an interesting conversation though he did absolutely nothing illegal.
some guys in FL tell me what good deals they get and quantities.
Mine has 2 boxes of I forget the brand target 12ga 1oz #6. I can't use anything bigger than 7.5 at the club. I'm real fond of 1oz #8 but shoot 1 1/8 # 8 a good bit. I forgot to stop at the one in Americus when I was there yesterday.facepalm:
I did hit a jackpot for a customer though...never seen that much silver in one place in my life...I was distracted:cool:

GregoryB.

I didn’t reload anything but while I was at the shop picking up my bow I scored 3 fresh 1lb bottles of IMR 4350 for $54.99 each. Quite a few of my rifles love this powder, add this to the 5K Large Rifle Primers I just picked up I should be ready for deer season.

Liberty

I didn’t reload anything but while I was at the shop picking up my bow I scored 3 fresh 1lb bottles of IMR 4350 for $54.99 each. Quite a few of my rifles love this powder, add this to the 5K Large Rifle Primers I just picked up I should be ready for deer season.
The times we live in aren’t like the good times when you went to the store the week before you went hunting and stocked up for a few hunts. These days, we have to think about deer/ dove season 3 years from now.

Buckstop

Just finished 75 rounds of 6.5-06. Correct head stamp Quality Cartridge brass with 110 Hammer Hunters. 54.4 grs of H4350.

Have another 100 pieces of necked up Nosler 25-06 brass prepped to play with another bullet and powder. Kinda wishing I’d went with the AI version. Was surprised how much length the brass gained after one firing and sizing. The 25 brass was shorter than the trim to length to start but flowed right to the max and needed trimmed after one cycle.