Anyone else have issues with

Madsnooker

Tactacams getting condensation on inside of lense causing blurry pics? We have multiple Spartans that are over 3 years old and have never had 1 single camera problem. About 1/2 of our Tactacams start taking blurry pics after the first year becuase of this. Very frustrating as we like the Tactacams other then that issue. I even have 1 camera I took home and it's been inside since hunting season and still has the blurry circle inside the lense that I assumed was condensation but now wondering if it's just a faded lense.

Any thoughts or similar issues for any of you with Tactacams???

The only issues with what you are mentioning I was able to fix with a couple items. With a microfiber lens wipe, clean the exterior with Rain X - Fog. They also comes in wipes or just rain X wipes. Make sure your lens cover is clean or can scratch it. I get pigs that can wipe up against mine. If you are getting moisture, you've got a bad seal around the closable case or the inputs for the accessories. Keep them clean and moist. A very light dab of vaseline on a q-tip will help with that. You can stick a moist pack inside that compartment. I never have and I run mine hard!

Get you a lens kit from Amazon for glasses. You should keep one in your boat bag. Get one for camp too.

As far as still having condensation "inside" you camera after that amount of time (months) that's hard to believe and makes me think bad lens. I know you live in Florida but dang, I know you have a controlled environment inside of your house. :bounce:

Last edited:

Madsnooker

All great info Slayer but done all that including the moisture packs. Bought 500 little packs on Amazon and took camera apart and put 2 inside on the camera I have at home. It still has what appears a circle of moisture under the lense. Like I said, I think it must be a bad lense as there is no way there can still be moisture inside after months in my home.

As far as the seals, that's the first thing we checked a couple years ago when the first camera started fogging up. Bottom line is it keeps happening on multiple tactacams so I think we will just run the Spartans at this point. We have never had this issue with the Spartans and we have more, and have run them longer then the tactacams. I guess you get what you pay for. :bounce:

sghoghunter

IMO the moisture hasn’t got anything to do with Tactacams blurring pictures. When I bought my first one when they first came out you couldn’t ask for a better picture in a cell camera but now they are horrible. Even the HD pics you have to pay for isn’t very good. As far as moisture getting inside I don’t know cause I’ve never had that problem

DSGB

I've got one that will show moisture after a heavy rain. I think it was getting in where the antenna screws in. I've made an effort to make sure it is tight and haven't had much of an issue lately.

livetohunt

IMO the moisture hasn’t got anything to do with Tactacams blurring pictures. When I bought my first one when they first came out you couldn’t ask for a better picture in a cell camera but now they are horrible. Even the HD pics you have to pay for isn’t very good. As far as moisture getting inside I don’t know cause I’ve never had that problem
My neighbor in Iowa runs Tactacam, and he says the quality has gone way down now. The old ones are good, but the new ones are terrible according to him.

Raylander

I’m Billy’s Useles Uncle.
That’s been the death of most all my cameras over the years. I usually get several years out of cheap cams. But, eventually a seal breaks and I start getting condensation in the lens. Cameras still function fine otherwise…

LMCGATOR

Snooker how do the Spartans do transmission wise? Do you have any areas where signal is a challenge and the cameras still work?

Madsnooker

Snooker how do the Spartans do transmission wise? Do you have any areas where signal is a challenge and the cameras still work?
No they work awesome. Only reason we changed to tactacams was price and the tactacams were great originally then the moisture problems started. The Spartans are now $100 cheaper then they were when they first came out so we are buying them again. We have never had any problems with the Spartans and they take great pics. Customer service is great as well.

Doc_Holliday23

I get a hazy area after a rain sometimes but it typically clears up in a day or two. I don't know if this is inside the housing or on the outside. These are a day apart.

P5KSE07l.jpg

LR4BxA8l.jpg