Dogging Bear Quota Hunt

j_seph

That didn't work out so well for dog-deer hunters.........unfair tax is what it was....

We did the $5 fee, had to put decals on the truck when we dog hunted.....not fair.

Maybe still hunters need to register their stands? A $5 fee per stand? Label it too.....so when it is left on WMA they can be responsible for dumping trash...

Who knows but I imagine there should be some method.
Then is it fair to have to buy special license to gator hunt? Would you prefer to go into a quota drawing with 500 people in which 450 are just your regular hunter as myself and anti hunters or would you rather there be 50 of those 500 was all that could apply for it?

Christian hughey

Then is it fair to have to buy special license to gator hunt? Would you prefer to go into a quota drawing with 500 people in which 450 are just your regular hunter as myself and anti hunters or would you rather there be 50 of those 500 was all that could apply for it?
I would prefer to be able to apply just like everyone else and hunt how I want no matter the style of hunt if it's a quota hunt and I'm picked. I should be able to use that spot with bow, gun, ? or whatever I feel necessary to go out and bag a bear. Reguardless of how the hunt is branded. I don't think DNR will go that far into what kind of hounds you have. I think me and my beagle will do just fine and I will also have all my friends apply as well. Most of them have a weiner dog or a pomerainian or something lol. See if we can get that number to 1000. Good luck out there. I don't care how you hunt I'm just ready to get out there and hunt. Cameras are about to start rolling, 4 months out and I'ma itchin to sling some arrows.

Hillbilly stalker

I would prefer to be able to apply just like everyone else and hunt how I want no matter the style of hunt if it's a quota hunt and I'm picked. I should be able to use that spot with bow, gun, ? or whatever I feel necessary to go out and bag a bear. Reguardless of how the hunt is branded. I don't think DNR will go that far into what kind of hounds you have. I think me and my beagle will do just fine and I will also have all my friends apply as well. Most of them have a weiner dog or a pomerainian or something lol. See if we can get that number to 1000. Good luck out there. I don't care how you hunt I'm just ready to get out there and hunt. Cameras are about to start rolling, 4 months out and I'ma itchin to sling some arrows.
That's pretty much a anti - hunters tactic. Hog up all the tags so the guys that really are houndsman don't get an opportunity . It's sad people cannot be honest and do what's right instead of being selfish and throwing a hissy fit.

Christian hughey

That's pretty much a anti - hunters tactic. Hog up all the tags so the guys that really are houndsman don't get an opportunity . It's sad people cannot be honest and do what's right instead of being selfish and throwing a hissy fit.
Oh I'm far from Anti hunter I'm all in when It comes to getting outdoors and dont have a hissy Im just messing with ya have some humor, life's too short. I don't care that much for or against the hunt other than it cutting down on bow season a bit but I honestly think the dogs running will help hunters on the outskirts of the wmas for a couple of days at least.

The mtn man

Need about 5 Garmin collars, 4 good dogs, a box for the back of the truck, and a good cold nose lead dog. Those dog hunters put a lot of money into it, and it is a lifestyle. If anyone gets drawn let me join please. I am fit and ready to climb, not even trigger happy just want to join along and use my legs!
If you get drawn, you can have 9 others with you, if you get drawn, i will get you the others, along with their fine hounds.

Rabun

So can you archery hunt deer/bear during the dog hunt...if you're not dog hunting...even if you're picked within the quota for the dog hunt? Assuming not. What weapons are legal during the dog hunt to kill the bears? No ulterior motives...just curious.

Christian hughey

So can you archery hunt deer/bear during the dog hunt...if you're not dog hunting...even if you're picked within the quota for the dog hunt? Assuming not. What weapons are legal during the dog hunt to kill the bears? No ulterior motives...just curious.
I'm sure you can use whatever. Just like the early gun hunts they have during bow season.

Tio Hey Seuss

Good Lord there's a bunch of whining going on here!! I'm glad to see there's a few guys who are glad for the hound hunters because I am. The bears aren't going to disappear because DNR monitors the population and will reduce tags if necessary. If they go nocturnal that's fine with me. Easier to stalk a sleeping bear than and alert one. Plus, there's like 400,000 other acres of national forest you can bow hunt without fear of hounds.
I've got an Australian Shepherd that loves to find bears and I'm pumped to be able to put her to the test! She works close and indicates somewhat like a bird dog. I'll put in for that tag and see what happens.
I'd love to tag along and witness a hound hunt if anyone draws it and wouldn't mind company.

greg_n_clayton

If you can get the dogs and hunters I will put in for the hunt, wouldn't mind going on my first bear hunt with dogs. We have bayed 3 or 4 bears while hog hunting but I never been on a bear hunt.
I know of a whole bunch of "good" dogs !!