Double, Triple, EXTRA Glad...

1eyefishing

...just joking, seriously.
Double, triple, EXTRA glad I'm out of Pensacola!
I moved my fish camp out of there right before the last hurricane that hit west of there.
20" of rain then, 24" TODAY before 8am!
Barge got loose in the storm and knocked out a couple of spans in the brand new 3 Mile Bridge from the downtown over to Gulf Breeze. This is the route I took almost every trip to the water from my fish camp.
Then a crane collapsed across it...
Downtown is approximately waist deep in water.

Screenshot_20200916-150943_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20200916-151015_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20200916-151015_Chrome.jpgScreenshot_20200916-150943_Gallery.jpg

Last edited:

Dustin Pate

Administrator
Staff member
The folks down there are going to have a big clean up ahead. The Gulf Shores Pier was set to re-open any day after a long summer renovation and it had a large section completely wiped out.

1eyefishing

...just joking, seriously.
They got it bad down there in Pensacola and Gulf Breeze. To get from one to the other the I 10 bridge is closed as is the Garcon Pt bridge to the east. Garson pulling got hit by a loose barge and reports was there was a barge with a Crane on it drifting toward the I 10 bridge.
To travel the 3 miles from Pensacola to Gulf Breeze requires going across the top of the Bay on highway 9o to pace and then on eastward to bagdad. Then southward to navarre and back East to Gulf Breeze.

Screenshot_20200916-195844_Maps.jpg

... Another pic of the 3 mile bridge which was completed less than a year ago.
Screenshot_20200916-200935_Chrome.jpg

NAS Pensacola reporting 25" of rain today.

bassboy1

. This is the route I took almost every trip to the water from my fish camp.

No big deal, just launch at the mouth of Bayou Texar and run across to the sound. Tackle store would be a bit of an inconvenience, but there's that one on the west side of town, near Bayou Chico.

Rabun

Glad you got outta there 1eye. Another mess on the gulf coast. Will take some time getting those repairs completed that’s for sure.

bassboy1

bany

We were on the cape, I thought maybe Sally was gonna hunt us down a couple times.
surprised it wasn’t harder on that area when it came N. East like it did
Glad you got out when ya did!