Drivelers don't always understand #417

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
I tend to compare others BBQ to mine and mostly prefer to stay home and eat mine.
Yeah, I do pretty good.
Everyone raved about Fresh Air, I didn’t think it was all that.

trad bow

wooden stick slinging driveler
Whistle Stop isn’t anything special to me but a lot of people like it because of the movie connection. Neat shops in the town I’ve found several vintage cast iron cookware at a well below eBay prices

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
Whistle Stop isn’t anything special to me but a lot of people like it because of the movie connection. Neat shops in the town I’ve found several vintage cast iron cookware at a well below eBay prices
You’re exactly right. I thought a lot about the movie while there.

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
To me their meat is good. The stew is typical for the middle Ga area. Heavy on tomato.
You may know more about the history but I‘m not much on chopped pork in a vinegar sauce. I serve mine naked and folks can add SBR or home made when I’m in the mood. I fed 50 here and those butts disappeared fast.

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
Whistle Stop is a country cooking place. Meat and veggies
I enjoyed whistle stop, good food and the nostalgia with the movie.

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
You may know more about the history but I‘m not much on chopped pork in a vinegar sauce. I serve mine naked and folks can add SBR or home made when I’m in the mood. I fed 50 here and those butts disappeared fast.

The chopped pork in vinegar/ketchup based sauce is my preferred.

dwhee87

GON Political Forum Scientific Studies Poster
Morning, all. All this talk about BBQ's got me thinking I need to check inventory. I think I've got one in the freezer.

I've been 'city' curing a wild boar shoulder and 'straps this week to smoke on Easter. Will take it out of the brine this evening and move it to fresh water to flush some of the salt for 24 hrs, then it'll be ready to smoke.

Other than that, on with the day.

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
I’m more ketchup, molasses, mustard, apple cider kind of guy….

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts