Drury Done with PSE

Kris87

Drurys are great people and hunters...not great marketers. PSE needed new ideas. They're doing much better.

Ihunt

PSE was done with the Drurys. I wouldn’t fret it though. Pretty sure they will not be at the bottom of the off ramp waving a cardboard sign.

Dustin Pate

Administrator
Staff member
Drurys are great people and hunters...not great marketers. PSE needed new ideas. They're doing much better.

That is interesting to an outsider looking in. I know you have a better understanding of the business. It seemed everywhere you looked they were pimping PSE bows..heck they have a whole show named after it.

ssramage

As someone who is in the retail/CPG space, there's not a lot of people/companies in the hunting industry that are not good are marketing... and if PSE is subbing out their traditional marketing to celebrity endorsers, then they certainly need to prioritize their spending.

Last edited:

Kris87

Mathews has been head and shoulders above all other bow companies for years. They spend the money in the right places, and have for the most part, always had the best shooters. When Levi left Mathews, their sales left. When he joined Elite, their sales grew. When Levi left Elite and went back to Mathews, Elite's sales dropped and Mathews took off again.

PSE has done great since they partnered with Dudley. He's friends with some folks that have the ears of millions(mainly Joe Rogan who happens to have the largest podcast in the world) along with other influential folks. Plus I'm good friends with him, so that means something. :)

I'm not the biggest proponent of social media influencers, but it is effective without doubt. Marketing is my daily gig, and PSE needed to go another direction.

ROLLTIDE 33

PSE has been behind the curve in my opinion for years. I’ve shot PSE in the past and was not impressed. I’ve also shot and been a huge Mathews fan for years but realized they fell behind in my opinion for years until the HALO. I currently shoot a HOYT. But never understood the Drury’s shooting PSE which never was an Elite Bow. Good move for Drury’s, and Mathews. I Shoot what preforms plain and simple. I like a certain feel, forgiveness, and lack of hand shock. Mathews and Hoyt in my opinion have been the front runner for years in this.

Throwback

Chief Big Taw
Donnie when we watch a drury tv show we get to watch water marks all over the screen

Ray357

AWOL
PSE has been behind the curve in my opinion for years. I’ve shot PSE in the past and was not impressed. I’ve also shot and been a huge Mathews fan for years but realized they fell behind in my opinion for years until the HALO. I currently shoot a HOYT. But never understood the Drury’s shooting PSE which never was an Elite Bow. Good move for Drury’s, and Mathews. I Shoot what preforms plain and simple. I like a certain feel, forgiveness, and lack of hand shock. Mathews and Hoyt in my opinion have been the front runner for years in this.
The last time PSE was king of the heap was when they brought out the Mach Flite 4. 25+ years ago?