Drury Done with PSE

Hillbilly stalker

I don’t know if it still holds true, but at one time PSE was the only bow company that made their own limbs. Everybody else ordered theirs from Korea I was told. I haven’t bought a new bow in years, I’ve had PSE’s. Most were built for speed and thus loud shooters. I prefer quiet and smooth. I’m sure they've improved.

Ray357

AWOL
I don’t know if it still holds true, but at one time PSE was the only bow company that made their own limbs. Everybody else ordered theirs from Korea I was told. I haven’t bought a new bow in years, I’ve had PSE’s. Most were built for speed and thus loud shooters. I prefer quiet and smooth. I’m sure they've improved.
PSE had target bows that shot smooth. In the late 80s, PSE hunting bows sounded like a 22 short. Compared to the Oneida Eagle, they were quiet. Screaming Eagle sounded like a 22lr.

kmckinnie

BOT KILLER MODERATOR
Staff member
I’ve nevee shot a PSE. Only bear bows then Mathews!
Long bow as a kid.

benellisbe

PSE had target bows that shot smooth. In the late 80s, PSE hunting bows sounded like a 22 short. Compared to the Oneida Eagle, they were quiet. Screaming Eagle sounded like a 22lr.

My SE900 is insanely loud compared to bows of today. I shot PSE for a number of years. I did like the feel of the X-Force GX (it was harsh on draw), but i overall liked it. I did switch to Hoyt RX-3 and still have my Elite Hunter (along with several Oneidas).

Twiggbuster

My PSE Whitetail Obsession BPS exclusive has done me well for 10 years or more.
Take it out of the case , shoot a few for practice, muscle memory and testing and off to the woods opening day.
Very very little tinkering required.

livetohunt

Levi can shoot, so I see why the bow manufactures want his endorsement. Not sure what the Drurys have to offer?
Mark is one of the most knowledgeable whitetail hunters on the planet..I think they have tons to offer. Not to mention the most(or one of the most) watched TV shows on the outdoor channel.

Buckhead

My SE900 is insanely loud compared to bows of today. I shot PSE for a number of years. I did like the feel of the X-Force GX (it was harsh on draw), but i overall liked it. I did switch to Hoyt RX-3 and still have my Elite Hunter (along with several Oneidas).

I still shoot a GX. You are correct on the draw cycle, but it is fast and fairly quiet. Comparable speed to anything on the market today. Keep looking for an excuse to buy a new bow. Been tempted by the Hoyt Carbon bows, certainly smoother and lighter, but slower and $$$.

PSE has been behind the curve in my opinion for years. I’ve shot PSE in the past and was not impressed. I’ve also shot and been a huge Mathews fan for years but realized they fell behind in my opinion for years until the HALO. I currently shoot a HOYT. But never understood the Drury’s shooting PSE which never was an Elite Bow. Good move for Drury’s, and Mathews. I Shoot what preforms plain and simple. I like a certain feel, forgiveness, and lack of hand shock. Mathews and Hoyt in my opinion have been the front runner for years in this.

PSE fell behind when Pete left, but since he came back they have been top notch, evolve cams were a game changer and would hang with any mathews or hoyt in terms of smoothness, quietness and speed

Juan De

I don’t watch their show, about the only one I watch anymore is Primos. Primos show seemed to be the one with the least amount of an infomercial feel imo. I shoot an obsession personally, it fit me the best of any bow I shot when I was in the market to buy one about 5 years back. I have no complaints.