Early March OSU update

ddgarcia

Mr Non-Libertaw Got To Be Done My Way
OSU as Day doesn't need him
In one year Day loses to ttun and the Hairball AND watches your #1, Top 2020, 5* QB walk for "Greener Pastures", but all is right in Columbus????!!!!! Just a guess, but I don't think the "Powers that be" would agree with you on that. Again just a guess, but I'm pretty sure that if those same "Powers" said "Yeah..........., Thanks but NO thanks" to this group that Slimeball wouldn't be there.

I mean really, even @bullgator gets it. Even as desperate straights as UF finds themselves in, they didn't run and get this guy back. Can't believe I'm gonna say this but, WELL done UF!! Maybe there are some morals in Gainesville (along with a whole lotta jorts).

Madsnooker

In one year Day loses to ttun and the Hairball AND watches your #1, Top 2020, 5* QB walk for "Greener Pastures", but all is right in Columbus????!!!!! Just a guess, but I don't think the "Powers that be" would agree with you on that. Again just a guess, but I'm pretty sure that if those same "Powers" said "Yeah..........., Thanks but NO thanks" to this group that Slimeball wouldn't be there.

I mean really, even @bullgator gets it. Even as desperate straights as UF finds themselves in, they didn't run and get this guy back. Can't believe I'm gonna say this but, WELL done UF!! Maybe there are some morals in Gainesville (along with a whole lotta jorts).
I don't think you understand??? OSU had nothing to do with going and getting meyer. The non profit is not an OSU entity.
And as far as the qb, the pastures arent greener in Texas. He came to OSU to get his million then went back to his dream school he grew up loving when Day told him he would not start this year which would end his nil deal. That's old news and good on Day. If you think for a second Day will ever have a problem with QB s you've not been keeping up. Day has a 5* waiting in the wings behind Stroud that is a stud. For you to say the powers to be might not agree with me tells me you have no idea what's going on in Columbus. Osu will have the #1 running back in the country, the number #1 wr group in the country (and it ain't close) and arguably the #1 QB in the country. This same group was the #1 offense last year and they will be much better this year. This year its all about the defense.

Anyway your way off on your OSU takes. Sorry bud. :bounce::wink:

ddgarcia

I don't think you understand??? OSU had nothing to do with going and getting meyer. The non profit is not an OSU entity.
And as far as the qb, the pastures arent greener in Texas. He came to OSU to get his million then went back to his dream school he grew up loving when Day told him he would not start this year which would end his nil deal. That's old news and good on Day. If you think for a second Day will ever have a problem with QB s you've not been keeping up. Day has a 5* waiting in the wings behind Stroud that is a stud. For you to say the powers to be might not agree with me tells me you have no idea what's going on in Columbus. Osu will have the #1 running back in the country, the number #1 wr group in the country (and it ain't close) and arguably the #1 QB in the country. This same group was the #1 offense last year and they will be much better this year. This year its all about the defense.

Anyway your way off on your OSU takes. Sorry bud. :bounce::wink:
And you REALLY believe that the University powers aren't in bed with these groups like Hunter Biden with a Crack pipe?????!!!!!!! You think these boosters are dropping millions into thus JUST to win games????!!!! If you do, you're a complete fool. One way or another they're getting their money back and if the Powers at OSU REALLY didn't want him there he wouldn't be there.

And that aside, just how good a look is it for the University to say, "Welllllllll................., ok.............., you can have him, just give us the CASH"?????!!!!!!! Nothing like putting it out there for all to see you can be bought. Would take nothing for them to say "Yeah, Thanks but NO Thanks, go away, we're NOT for sale". But I guess we all see that ship sailed. Enjoy the slime pit.

Madsnooker

And you REALLY believe that the University powers aren't in bed with these groups like Hunter Biden with a Crack pipe?????!!!!!!! You think these boosters are dropping millions into thus JUST to win games????!!!! If you do, you're a complete fool. One way or another they're getting their money back and if the Powers at OSU REALLY didn't want him there he wouldn't be there.

And that aside, just how good a look is it for the University to say, "Welllllllll................., ok.............., you can have him, just give us the CASH"?????!!!!!!! Nothing like putting it out there for all to see you can be bought. Would take nothing for them to say "Yeah, Thanks but NO Thanks, go away, we're NOT for sale". But I guess we all see that ship sailed. Enjoy the slime pit.
You need some fresh air dude!!!
OSU has nothing to do with that group no mater how much you want it to be true. You are clueless when it comes to how OSU operates. The board of regents as well as the President and AD had nothing to do with that group forming or how it operates period. The group doesn't give the cash to the university to hand out. Lol

ddgarcia

You need some fresh air dude!!!
OSU has nothing to do with that group no mater how much you want it to be true. You are clueless when it comes to how OSU operates. The board of regents as well as the President and AD had nothing to do with that group forming or how it operates period. The group doesn't give the cash to the university to hand out. Lol
I'm well aware of how they work and that they are not "officially" associated with the University. I'm also well aware, just as you and any other rational CFB fan is, that they are most certainly NOT giving out this cash out of the "goodness of their hearts" or just so some random kids can win some football games. They are, just like any other University engaged in this, buying players for "their" team and ARE expecting something, other than just winning games, in return for that "investment".

These people WILL have access. Heck there is a picture of Day being all buddy-buddy with Schottenstein right on their Twitter page here:
1647748402027.png
Now I don't, and WON'T, have a Twitter acct but it'd be VERY interesting to see some of the 258 comments, FAR more than any other post on the page, this announcement received.
Screenshot 2022-03-19 at 23-45-57 Tweets with replies by The Foundation (@TheFoundation1_) _ T...png

I'd bet good money many of them are less than flattering.

Spin it any way you want but this guy is once again associated with your beloved Buckeyes and there is slime on everything he touches.

Madsnooker

I'm well aware of how they work and that they are not "officially" associated with the University. I'm also well aware, just as you and any other rational CFB fan is, that they are most certainly NOT giving out this cash out of the "goodness of their hearts" or just so some random kids can win some football games. They are, just like any other University engaged in this, buying players for "their" team and ARE expecting something, other than just winning games, in return for that "investment".

These people WILL have access. Heck there is a picture of Day being all buddy-buddy with Schottenstein right on their Twitter page here:
View attachment 1141746
Now I don't, and WON'T, have a Twitter acct but it'd be VERY interesting to see some of the 258 comments, FAR more than any other post on the page, this announcement received.
View attachment 1141745

I'd bet good money many of them are less than flattering.

Spin it any way you want but this guy is once again associated with your beloved Buckeyes and there is slime on everything he touches.
I've already said I would rather him just move on. My only point was the brass at OSU had nothing to do with him becoming part of that group nor do they care frankly. Remember, they are the ones that ran him off to begin with. Alot of people truely don't understand the dynamics at OSU. The deans, professors and most on the board of regents look down on the football program and hate that it takes precedent over higher learning. It's much different then the football powerhouses of the south. OSU doesn't and has never been a great marriage between the 2 entities. At places like LSU, Bama, the Mississippi schools they all rally around each other and hide and protect everything. I can give multiple examples of this. At OSU, the academia will pounce on the football program and turn their nose up at it. I can give story after story from Clarrett, Tressel, Meyer and on and on. There is not a chance in heaven if Tressel was at LSU Bama AU or take your pic he would have had happen what happened to him at these schools. I'm not saying it's right or wrong I'm just telling you the huge differences between the liberal academia of the North versus the good ole boy network in the south. In the south when trouble brews from top to bottom they work together to difuse but at OSU when trouble brews one side will pounce and then distance themselves and make it appear higher learning is more important then football. It happened with Clarett, it happened with Tressel as well as Meyer. It's one thing I've always hated about OSU and envied at schools like Bama. If you think for a second the compliance department would rat on Saban like they did with Tressel because they found an email that contradicted what he told the AD you are kidding yourself. They would have simply said we are not handing that over as it's a personal issue with the student athlete and the ncaa would just move on.
There have been many articles written by those that cover OSU over the years detailing this in depth. It's why OSU football fans hated the previous OSU president. He loathed the football program and didn't hide that fact. Same with many not all on the board of regents. This is exactly why OSU brass bungles every issue publicly when it comes to the football operation as the sides are just opposite each other. The AD plays both sides and is why he keeps his job.

BamaGeorgialine

I've already said I would rather him just move on. My only point was the brass at OSU had nothing to do with him becoming part of that group nor do they care frankly. Remember, they are the ones that ran him off to begin with. Alot of people truely don't understand the dynamics at OSU. The deans, professors and most on the board of regents look down on the football program and hate that it takes precedent over higher learning. It's much different then the football powerhouses of the south. OSU doesn't and has never been a great marriage between the 2 entities. At places like LSU, Bama, the Mississippi schools they all rally around each other and hide and protect everything. I can give multiple examples of this. At OSU, the academia will pounce on the football program and turn their nose up at it. I can give story after story from Clarrett, Tressel, Meyer and on and on. There is not a chance in heaven if Tressel was at LSU Bama AU or take your pic he would have had happen what happened to him at these schools. I'm not saying it's right or wrong I'm just telling you the huge differences between the liberal academia of the North versus the good ole boy network in the south. In the south when trouble brews from top to bottom they work together to difuse but at OSU when trouble brews one side will pounce and then distance themselves and make it appear higher learning is more important then football. It happened with Clarett, it happened with Tressel as well as Meyer. It's one thing I've always hated about OSU and envied at schools like Bama. If you think for a second the compliance department would rat on Saban like they did with Tressel because they found an email that contradicted what he told the AD you are kidding yourself. They would have simply said we are not handing that over as it's a personal issue with the student athlete and the ncaa would just move on.
There have been many articles written by those that cover OSU over the years detailing this in depth. It's why OSU football fans hated the previous OSU president. He loathed the football program and didn't hide that fact. Same with many not all on the board of regents. This is exactly why OSU brass bungles every issue publicly when it comes to the football operation as the sides are just opposite each other. The AD plays both sides and is why he keeps his job.
You did what I didn't think that anyone else could ever do. You just posted a response longer that GTMODawg ever has! Hopefully he doesn't try to one up ya but, I bet at some point you'll take second place again!

ddgarcia

My only point was the brass at OSU had nothing to do with him becoming part of that group nor do they care frankly. Remember, they are the ones that ran him off to begin with. Alot of people truely don't understand the dynamics at OSU. The deans, professors and most on the board of regents look down on the football program and hate that it takes precedent over higher learning.
So which is is snook? Are the "academics" in control or not? You start off saying they have " nothing to do with him becoming part of that group" and "don't care" but in the next sentence you say "they are the ones that ran him off to begin with". Then this "The deans, professors and most on the board of regents look down on the football program and hate that it takes precedent over higher learning". So IF football "takes precedent over higher learning" how is it that "THEY" are the ones in control and that ran him off???!!! All you have to do is look at Vanderbilt to see a University where the "academics" are in control.
Now I do agree that they did have nothing to do with him becoming part of this group but I'm pretty sure that if "they"are the ones that ran him off in the first place "they" DO care that he's back, even if it is only peripherally to the University just as you seem to too "I've already said I would rather him just move on".
You're right in that I have no idea what the "dynamic" is at OSU when it comes to who is "in control", and it doesn't seem that you do either or at the least did a poor job of articulating your understanding of it, but IF the "academics" are in control then I'm sure there are steps they could/would take to ensure he would be gone again. It would be as simple as telling the players "Anyone that associates with this group while this guy is involved is benched/suspended/expelled".
I get it. You're a "fan" and you want to see your team win. but please take the blinders off. If you want to see a University where the "academics" are truly in control just look at Vanderbilt.
I hate if for you bud, I really do. This guy needs to just slink off somewhere to be forgotten but his ego won't let him. It's a bad look for your program and I really hope that this doesn't come back to bite them in the butt. Pretty sure you know my opinion of NIL and this is just one more aspect of it that stinks and will ultimately be the ruination of CFB as we know it IMHO.

Madsnooker

I know thatvast post pig trailed a bit but
So which is is snook? Are the "academics" in control or not? You start off saying they have " nothing to do with him becoming part of that group" and "don't care" but in the next sentence you say "they are the ones that ran him off to begin with". Then this "The deans, professors and most on the board of regents look down on the football program and hate that it takes precedent over higher learning". So IF football "takes precedent over higher learning" how is it that "THEY" are the ones in control and that ran him off???!!! All you have to do is look at Vanderbilt to see a University where the "academics" are in control.
Now I do agree that they did have nothing to do with him becoming part of this group but I'm pretty sure that if "they"are the ones that ran him off in the first place "they" DO care that he's back, even if it is only peripherally to the University just as you seem to too "I've already said I would rather him just move on".
You're right in that I have no idea what the "dynamic" is at OSU when it comes to who is "in control", and it doesn't seem that you do either or at the least did a poor job of articulating your understanding of it, but IF the "academics" are in control then I'm sure there are steps they could/would take to ensure he would be gone again. It would be as simple as telling the players "Anyone that associates with this group while this guy is involved is benched/suspended/expelled".
I get it. You're a "fan" and you want to see your team win. but please take the blinders off. If you want to see a University where the "academics" are truly in control just look at Vanderbilt.
I hate if for you bud, I really do. This guy needs to just slink off somewhere to be forgotten but his ego won't let him. It's a bad look for your program and I really hope that this doesn't come back to bite them in the butt. Pretty sure you know my opinion of NIL and this is just one more aspect of it that stinks and will ultimately be the ruination of CFB as we know it IMHO.
I'm with you on the nil as I've previously posted. I don't have blinders we just agree to disagree that's all. As for Meyer, I wish he would disappear as I've stated as well. Day doesn't need Meyer either.

Ok Im on spring break fishing so I'm thru with this issue. I've got snook and redfish to catch if the wind will let me. Lol
Have a great rest of your day brother!!!:wink: