Earnhardt fans, gather round...

specialk

Dale Jr. scheme at Talladega? UPDATE OFFICIAL, IMAGES #1 also: hearing Dale Earnhardt Jr. will drive a black #8 Budweiser Chevy at Talladega in the Aaron's 499 in honor of Dale Earnhardt's induction into the International Motorsports Hall of Fame this week.(4-23-2006)
UPDATE: ESPN's Mike Massaro reported on ESPNEWS 4Qtrs tonight that DEI is expected to make an announcement later this week that Dale Jr. will run a black #8 Budweiser Chevy in honor of his father, 10 time Talladega winner, Dale Earnhardt. There is also a rumor that Dale Jr. would run the #3 also, but have not heard that and the image clearly shows the #8.(4-24-2006)
UPDATE 2: Dale Earnhardt Jr. is expected to announce that he will pilot a black Budweiser Chevy during the "three days" of on track action this weekend at Talladega Superspeedway in honor of his father's induction into the International Motorsports Hall of Fame. More details of this special paint scheme that will resemble the famous #3 could come in Tuesday's NASCAR NEXTEL Teleconference where Earnhardt Jr. will be the guest. Earnhardt Jr. is also scheduled to appear live on QVC’s For Race Fans Only from Talladega on Friday at 8:00pm/et. This could be the first time we see a die-cast version of the car.(RacingOne)(4-25-2006)
UPDATE 3: In a unified effort, the primary sponsors of Dale Earnhardt, Inc. will pay tribute to Dale Earnhardt with special paint schemes at Talladega Superspeedway this weekend. The schemes will salute Dale Earnhardt Day (April 29th), his induction into the International Motorsports Hall of Fame and his accomplishments at Talladega. Earnhardt, a seven-time NASCAR champion is the winningest driver at Talladega with 10 trips to Victory Lane. Fittingly, his 76th Nextel Cup victory occurred at the track in October of 2000. And, he did it in Earnhardt fashion by coming from 17th to first in the closing laps. The #1 Bass Pro Shops, #8 Budweiser and #11 Menards Chevys will carry paint schemes reminiscent of the familiar black theme Dale Earnhardt ran while driving for DEI in the Busch Series. Additionally, Bass Pro Shops will sponsor Martin Truex, Jr. in Saturday's Busch Series race. Truex, a two-time Busch Series champion and two-time winner of the NBS race at Talladega, will drive the #8 black Bass Pro Shops Chevy.
"I think this is a great tribute to Dale on such a special weekend," said Teresa Earnhardt, President and CEO of Dale Earnhardt, Inc. "To have all of our sponsors come together with this tribute and want to be a part of it says a lot about the respect they have for Dale's accomplishments." In addition to the black paint schemes, Dale Earnhardt Day and the International Motorsports Hall of Fame induction, all Busch Series teams are being asked to carry a Dale Earnhardt Legacy Logo on their cars. Fans are asked to participate from the grandstands, or wherever they are watching the race, by raising three fingers in the air on Lap 3 of Saturday's Busch Series race.(DEI PR / fingerprintinc PR), see images on the #8 Team Schemes page and the #1 Team Schemes page.(4-25-2006)

:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

deerhunter401

:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

aint nobody gonna replace his daddy but it will be beautiful to see a black chevy being piloted to victory lane by an Earnhardt

gacowboy

GONetwork Member
Black # 8

I like it too and I am not really a Jr. fan. I really liked 'ole Dale oh!!!

# 3 will always be special!

Maybe Jr. will start driving more like his dad.

:flag: :flag: :flag:

specialk

lord i hope not, but it happens a lot at 'dega, it would bust my ballon and whole lotta other people too.........

jason308

I haven't watched much NASCAR since Dale left us, but I am going to have to set my VCR for this one! :cheers: :flag:

Craig Knight

deerhunter401 said:
:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

aint nobody gonna replace his daddy but it will be beautiful to see a black chevy being piloted to victory lane by an Earnhardt

Thatas close to the truth as anyone can get. Man that would be awesome, a black #8 in Victory lane.:cool:

Buck&Tom Hunter

He'll never be able to fill his daddy's shoes. And if he didnt have the Earnhardt name he wouldnt have near as many fans. Sad but true

specialk

Buck&Tom Hunter said:
He'll never be able to fill his daddy's shoes.

Neither will anybody else.....

Buck&Tom Hunter said:
And if he didnt have the Earnhardt name he wouldnt have near as many fans.

And if Budweiser wasn't his sponser he would have even less fans:huh: