Edisto River S.C.

TurkeyH90

Planning a trip to the Edisto in South Carolina one day. Anybody have a link for a river level near Branchville?

Chap

Try Colleton State Park right off I-95. Easy access to the Edisto River. It's really slow there, good paddling if you are the kayak type. You can easily paddle upstream because the Edisto flows so slowly. The fishing is pretty good there. Small beetle spins, Bitsy Minnows, a Spin Dandy, you know how to do it. There is a small boat ramp there.

I thought they rented kayaks there, like a lot of GA State Parks do, but I just went to the website for Colleton SP, and I cannot find anywhere that says that they do. Kinda disappointing.

TurkeyH90

Try Colleton State Park right off I-95. Easy access to the Edisto River. It's really slow there, good paddling if you are the kayak type. You can easily paddle upstream because the Edisto flows so slowly. The fishing is pretty good there. Small beetle spins, Bitsy Minnows, a Spin Dandy, you know how to do it. There is a small boat ramp there.

I thought they rented kayaks there, like a lot of GA State Parks do, but I just went to the website for Colleton SP, and I cannot find anywhere that says that they do. Kinda disappointing.
Thanks Chap but I have a place to stay I just need to know if the river has enough water to run my boat when I go.

I would have sworn that there is a gauge at Branchville on the 78 bridge, but I don't see it listed. The nearest one is all the way down at I-95.

https://waterdata.usgs.gov/sc/nwis/uv?site_no=02174045

I can't tell you how that corresponds to actual river conditions,though.
Are you looking to put in at Zig Zag landing? The club I used to hunt had had all the land around the landing at one time, but I never did fish the river right there. I fish about 20 river miles up river from Branchville, on the south fork and the redbreast have been on fire lately. Good luck.