Either you guys are not posting your successful hunts or it is slow harvest so far

Buford_Dawg

Been 3 mornings myself, was lucky to see my son knock a nice one down, otherwise been pretty slow, but that was expected as my properties have few turkeys, downward trend for several seasons now. I dont see many harvest threads here, so assuming some of y'all in same boat as me. Just not many targets :rolleyes:

sea trout

2021 Turkey Challenge Winner 2022 biggest turkey ?
Been 3 mornings myself, was lucky to see my son knock a nice one down, otherwise been pretty slow, but that was expected as my properties have few turkeys, downward trend for several seasons now. I dont see many harvest threads here, so assuming some of y'all in same boat as me. Just not many targets :rolleyes:
It hasn't been loaded with pics n stories yet but the ones that have been posted are great!!
Hopefully we'll get some more pics and stories on here soon!
I thought about postin my Osceola hunt n story, but........, I had a great time with my guide and learned some things from him that I'll use in my arsenal forever, but don't know how to word the story without soundin like I'm makin fun of him!!! It was a very comical hunt. Maybe tonight I can fix that up. I've been huntin Ga both weekends but havn't got a longbeard in front of me yet!!!
Good luck Neil and have fun!!!

buckpasser

I’ve been successful and just not posted. For me it’s not all that interesting to write about unless it’s something really unusual. Here’s how most stories might go:

“He gobbled good on the limb. I yelped some and then shut up. It got quiet. He gobbled closer. I saw him coming. After a little while I saw his little red head and shot it. He’s dead now. He had a ten inch beard and 1 1/8” Spurs. He weighed 19 lbs…” It was fun to the hunter, but was that really entertaining?

I do have a good one about a “miss” that a guest made this weekend that I was guiding. I’ll write it up soon.

herb mcclure

Most of you guys here on the forum, who post about your gobbler hunting, are like a bunch of spoiled kids, you either got to rush and brag about how great you are as a great gobbler killer, or the rest of you are complaining about lack of not hearing any gobbler's gobbling; as much as you did twenty-years ago.
Either way, you should have turkey hunted in the 50's, 60's and 70's and you would appreciate what turkey hunting is about.

Hoosier06

DIPSTICK yankee
Most of you guys here on the forum, who post about your gobbler hunting, are like a bunch of spoiled kids, you either got to rush and brag about how great you are as a great gobbler killer, or the rest of you are complaining about lack of not hearing any gobbler's gobbling; as much as you did twenty-years ago.
Either way, you should have turkey hunted in the 50's, 60's and 70's and you would appreciate what turkey hunting is about.

You sound like you need a hug

Beagler282

“Rabbit Man”
The reason lots of folks quit posting on here is because of negative comments and how people criticize their hunting methods. Takes the fun out of it. Kind of better just to share with your close friends and move along to the next hunt.

buckpasser

How many you reckon you were able to kill in all those years of hunting Mr Herb?

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
I’ve got to ask , what is turkey hunting about ! I’m pretty sure I know but I was born in 73 and by the time I was old enough to sit between my dad or papa’s legs and hold a shotgun we had plenty

kmckinnie

BOT KILLER MODERATOR
Staff member
I do like to share/brag about my success , I work extremely hard year round for every successful hunt I have ! Everyone already knows what a great gobbler killer I am ?
Your part turkey ? in some of your successful hunt pics i can see that little silly grin saying I did it again. ?

Beagler282

“Rabbit Man”
Did y’all know in some of the mid west and upper states there are so many turkeys they consider them pest.
I have a pile of tags in my pocket for that reason and I'm fixing to go help them with the problem they have. Sure ain't posting pics on here though. I would be looked at as part of the problem with the turkey population even though they only issue a certain # of tags every year.

mike1225

One man is mad because we don't post dead turkeys. Another man is mad because we do. I'm just over here going turkey hunting for myself & scouting for my family. I usually wait until the end of season & post up all of them at one time.

herb mcclure

How many you reckon you were able to kill in all those years of hunting Mr Herb?

buckrpasser, the number of gobblers I was able to kill in all those years I was speaking about, has nothing to do with what, turkey hunter's today are bragging and complaining about. You yourself, may be able to still find a few of the older hunters who hunted back in those years in the North East Georgia mountains, and learn from them, if I was able to harvest any turkeys or knew anything about turkeys at all.
My point, in my post, was to tell how most of the younger hunters want to get their limit as quick as they can and brag about it to the world, or most of the rest here on the forum are complaining about not hearing a gobble, or enough gobbling where they hunt.
Yes, no doubt, I am a little over jealous, for not being able to go anymore into the remote mountains where I have always hunted. You see, I am 81 years old and this is the first year that cannot go there. I am of the old school of turkey hunters, and proud to have hunted under the harsh condition, which if it were the norm back then. Today's turkey hunters would probably call it quits after being condition to what turkey hunting was 20 years ago.
How about hunting 8 turkey season and never hearing a gobble at all during those years. However, 5 gobblers were killed, by hunting the way a wildcat hunts.
Those harsh and gobbling-less seasons, really made me appreciate what turkey hunting was about, before it changed.

six

I’ve filled some tags in both Bama and Ga, but I’m saving them for when I get my look at MeTube channel up and running. Y’all be sure to give me a like when I get it going.