Election Blues

Backlasher82

Bob Dylan is an incredible wordsmith but Roger McGuinn trimmed this one up a little and made it a much better song IMO.

McGuinn and Gram Parsons wrote this one after meeting Ralph Emery to talk about their new country sound. Ralph didn't think a song written by Dylan should get any play on country radio, Parsons and McGuinn weren't much impressed by Emery either.:D

Backlasher82

This Johnny Cash song is for all those politicians and others who think they can get away with it forever.

Cmp1

BANNED
Gotta couple good ones I heard today,,,, waiting on a reply from a Mod on one of them,,,, but here is a good one, since we're having a Indian summer now,,,,

Cmp1

BANNED
JJ Cale passed away 2 years ago today,,,, anyone have any good ones to share,,,, besides the obvious,,,,

Backlasher82

JJ Cale passed away 2 years ago today,,,, anyone have any good ones to share,,,, besides the obvious,,,,

By the obvious, I assume you mean the one about propane and propane accessories. It's OK but Jackson Browne's song with the same title is much better, or maybe it's because Jackson's hasn't been played to death.:D

In any case, this is my favorite JJ Cale song.

Backlasher82

Jackson Brownes was a pretty good version,,,, never hear it though,,,,

I'm sure that's why I like it more, they have played Clapton's version of JJ's song so much I got bored and made up my own lines, that's where the propane and propane accessories line came from. I've ruined a lot of popular songs that way.:D

Cmp1

BANNED
Back to the political theme but mixing in some good old O Jays.

Funny, I just heard that song earlier today,,,, alot of people don't even realize JB did JJ Cales song,,,, but I did hear it a couple weeks ago on the station I told you about,,,,

Cmp1

BANNED
Heard another great one today,,,, and I was gonna post it,,,, but as soon as I went on you tube,,,, their was a Billary ad,,,,I just can't do it,,,, sorry

Backlasher82

This one is kinda stuck in my head today, seems appropriate. I'm not a real big Lenny Kravitz fan but the original Guess Who version just doesn't seem angry enough. IMO, Lenny nails this one.:flag:

Backlasher82

This one has the lyrics in case you like to sing along. Helpful hint: Barack works just fine if you like to change song words a bit.

Never have heard Ragweed rockin' on the radio around here and that's a shame, they were a great band. Boys from Oklahoma ain't gonna fly on here but this one fits just fine.