Empire of the Summer Moon | Book Review

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member

longrangedog

S.C. Gwynne also authored "REBEL YELL", an account of Stonewall Jackson in the Civil War and also an excellent read. Gwynne is so talented that about any book by him is likely a good read.

jcbcpa

I ordered Empire of the Summer Moon because of this thread. I haven't started reading it yet but I'll probably pick it up this weekend. Thanks for the reminder.

Tight Lines

81jWqypbibL._SL1500_.jpg91z1HU6oGWL._SL1500_.jpg
Since I started this thread, I re-read Bury My Heart at Wounded Knee, and just finished The Earth is Weeping. Both epic reads as was the original book in the thread.

An interesting conversation last night with my waitress in Wichita at the hotel restaurant...she was a Navajo from the New Mexico reservation near Gallup. Really interesting conversation talking with her about these three books and her ancestors and parents. Her father was an engineer in the Army Corps of Engineers and they lived in some cool places where he was stationed / working...but she was steeped in Navajo history and traditions...which was cool because I assume she was in her mid-20s. Sharp and interesting young lady...