Encore Endeavor

Rocky Mtn Johnboy

I have been out of touch with muzzleloaders for many years. I have a TC Hawken 50 caliber from the 70's, and some pistols. I am not a serious deer hunter, just a shooter. I want to get back into it and buy a top quality gun with a scope. I am partial to T/C. I only want to buy one more. Are they worth the price? I also want to get the 12 gauge barrel for turkey. You guys are the experts, what would you suggest?

ETK

I have an older model 50 caliber Encore Stainless and it is a shooter. I have a leupold ultimate slam scope on it. 200 yards is a gimme. I also have a 7 mag barrell for it and it shoots great with the Hornady 139 btsp.

LKS2

I love my endeavor. I have the 50 cal, 243, and 308 barrels for it along with the quick detachable forearm. The only thing I have issue with is I wanted my scope mounted pretty low which makes for cocking the hammer with thick gloves on tricky. I bought one of those hammer extenders and it works pretty good. I would definitely purchase it again. Also they seem to have a good resale market if you decide you don't like it.

Cknerr

I have a T/C you are welcome to. The BP barrel is 50 cal I think. It has a 270 barrel rather then a shotgun though. Both have scope bases.

Since I'm a gunsmith, figure it would be best to try out an inline so I could legitamatly offer an opinion. Didn't have a very high one to begin with, and after 3 trips to the range and nearly $75 in ammo, it certainly didn't improve. I gave it a "shot" though. Nothing wrong with it. It will groups the same as the other ones I have seen shot.

Don't think the 270 barrel has ever been shot.

I'll go through it and make sure the thing checks out okay if you want it. There have been no mods - it is the way it came out of the box. Right now it is taking up room in my safe without a chance of me ever using it again.

Chris

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
I have a T/C you are welcome to. The BP barrel is 50 cal I think. It has a 270 barrel rather then a shotgun though. Both have scope bases.

Since I'm a gunsmith, figure it would be best to try out an inline so I could legitamatly offer an opinion. Didn't have a very high one to begin with, and after 3 trips to the range and nearly $75 in ammo, it certainly didn't improve. I gave it a "shot" though. Nothing wrong with it. It will groups the same as the other ones I have seen shot.

Don't think the 270 barrel has ever been shot.

I'll go through it and make sure the thing checks out okay if you want it. There have been no mods - it is the way it came out of the box. Right now it is taking up room in my safe without a chance of me ever using it again.

Chris

Chris, are you giving it away or selling it????

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
I absolutely love my encore. only use it as a smoker and a turkey gun, so basically the same setup you are asking about.

with a lil work on the trigger and a proper load it can be a tackdriving smokepole.

the shotgun barrel took a little more work, but after it was in gundocs hands for an afternoon it came out slinging lead with the best of them

T_Fish

I absolutely love my encore. only use it as a smoker and a turkey gun, so basically the same setup you are asking about.

with a lil work on the trigger and a proper load it can be a tackdriving smokepole.

the shotgun barrel took a little more work, but after it was in gundocs hands for an afternoon it came out slinging lead with the best of them

i love mine to,, and it shoots well beyond what i expected

Cknerr

Jim,
Wish I could afford to give it away! I still work for a living, so must get a little something for it. It is available to anyone who wants it (them? -have to take both barrels).

Sorry,
Chris

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
Jim,
Wish I could afford to give it away! I still work for a living, so must get a little something for it. It is available to anyone who wants it (them? -have to take both barrels).

Sorry,
Chris

just wanted to clear that up:bounce:

post it up in the swap and sell at a reasonable price and it will go away.

good luck selling it.