Energy drink reviews!

Thread starter #1
I am a big coffee & hot tea drinker but every once in awhile thought I might want an energy drink. I've tried a couple while driving long trips and they did nothing for me. I can do better with a large truck stop coffee.
What are some of the brands ya'll use? I also think they taste funny.

Luke0927

Monster rehab tea/lemonade is good stuff they have a cranberry and orange as well. Also non carbinated low/non sugar.

5 hour energy max strength for me if I got to have it.. It's like anything the more you use them the more they don't work.

Ronnie T

Ol' Retired Mod
Coffee all day long.

Starbuck's located at Fort Rucker, Al(Army helicopter pilot school) has a cup they refer to as "Auto Pilot".
It'll keep you up for 3 days.

5 hour energy max strength for me if I got to have it.. It's like anything the more you use them the more they don't work.
agreed 100% i use to take a regular 5 hour and it would not really give me a boost but made me wanna work, not jittery... i would just take them every now and then. then when i started working night shift i was taking them every day, soon enough the regular kind wasnt working so i moved to the max energy.. then 2 max energy's a day.. then 3.. soon enough i realized i had to stop and it was horrible coming off of them

Thread starter #10
Yeah i'm not looking for anything for an everyday use. Maybe since i'm a coffee drinker, they don't affect me as if i didn't. I don't think they have that much caffiene in them. From what I understand you'd have to drink about 50 to overdose on caffeine. I don't know what's in them that the deaths are contributed too. I do know that if a non coffee drinker drunk about 5 cups he will get real jittery.
I have a co-worker that drinks Mountain Dew all day.

Im a redbull man, drinking one right now. I think i like the taste more than anything that it does for me. If anything at all it works maybe 3 or 4 hours later. I only have the 8oz and drink it slow kinda like coffee.

merc123

Sleep.... Seriously...energy drinks aren't the way to go. They give you the feeling of alertness, not actual alertness. Can cause a more dangerous situation.

I used to drink 6 Red Bulls a day. When I stopped the headaches were terrible. Just not worth the health risk in my opinion.

mike bell

2 cups of raw baby spinage, a half or quarter cup each of, pineapple,sweet dark cherries, blue berries, raspberries, blackberries, mango and sometimes strawberries and a few chunks of banannas.

mixed/blended/pulverized at 10,000 rpm's in a NutriBullet machine.

Best energy drinks ever! and good for you too:clap:

Thread starter #14
2 cups of raw baby spinage, a half or quarter cup each of, pineapple,sweet dark cherries, blue berries, raspberries, blackberries, mango and sometimes strawberries and a few chunks of banannas.

mixed/blended/pulverized at 10,000 rpm's in a NutriBullet machine.

Best energy drinks ever! and good for you too:clap:
It worked for Popeye. Looks like it would give one a "bonus poop" too.

SarahFair

I hate the taste of energy drinks..
But I will say that the Monster coffee line is rather good. Doesnt have that nasty taste or smell
Monster Java is a favorite of mine.

I quit drinking energy drinks. I got in a huge habit of drinking 2 of the green Monsters drinks a day. Gained 15 lbs in 3 months, never had more energy (infact i felt more tired), and im sure they have to be horrible for your health. But i must admit i loved the taste.

If you want more energy get more sleep, eat more healthy foods and take a B-12 and B complex vitamin daily.

I hate the taste of energy drinks..
But I will say that the Monster coffee line is rather good. Doesnt have that nasty taste or smell
Monster Java is a favorite of mine.
:cool: I love the Monster Java! Rarely have one but I know me, I could get addicted to them!:cool:

I like the monster java also but I never seen to get any alertness or energy off any of the energy drinks. I'm a coffee junkie and my caffeine tolerance is very high which is probably why.