ESPN's bias is about money and thats obvious

RipperIII

Is this from their FPI estimate. If so not their "poll" or rankings.

From the article that published the FPI estimate:

"FPI is an estimate of team strength – not a ranking of who will have the highest win total (which is dependent on schedule) and not who is most likely to make the College Football Playoff. Preseason FPI is calculated using three major components for each FBS team: prior years’ offense, defense and special teams efficiencies; returning starters and head coach information; and recruiting rankings.

Last season, the top three teams in Preseason FPI (Florida State, Oregon and Alabama) made the inaugural College Football Playoff."

Now, don't go and send a torpedo through snookems' rant :D
FPI is a whole nuther issue than an actual ranking prediction.
as such, I don't see too many problems with the layout.
Hard to tell about LSU, they're loaded as is Ole Miss but I still think Ol Miss does not have the depth to finish strong.
Arky will be much improved, and could feasibly end up a top 15 team...but they will probably have 3 losses.
Aubbie should be a contender...but honestly what has Muschamp done over the last decade? wasn't hi DC at Texas through out their woeful defensive years?
As ususal, UGA has loads of talent, an the most experienced and good OL's of any of the teams listed...but who knows?
The OSU is rightfully #1,...MichSt. should be higher.
FSU plays no one again, and is penalized for a weak schedule last year with several games that could have/should gone the other way, and a predicted easy schedule this year.
I'm still not buying into TCU/Baylor...they are fun to watch... if you're a basketball fan.
ND? really?...and the coach indicated that several players are in danger of not meeting academic requirements.

All in All, not a bad list.

ROLL TIDE!
Incidentally, I think the OL and DB's will be markedly improved over last season...QB? considering that Simms was a converted RB who had trouble reading defenses...I think QB will be fine for BAMA.