Etienne arrested

Cool Hand Luke

Actually, I don't think most of them do. They've been coddled since someone figured out they were bigger, faster, better than their peers. Most have never been told no or punished for prior misdeeds for fear of them quitting the team or being deemed ineligible or in jail for said misdeeds.
This^^^

Silver Britches

Official Sports Forum Birthday Thread Starter
Let me clarify. I define “suddenly” as since that deadly event. There seems to have been a few since then.
There has been several incidents since then. Depending on the circumstances, I’m all for second chances, but clearly Kirby needs to get tougher in dealing with these types of issues. I love my Dawgs more than anyone, but this isn’t a great look for the program. Apparently, the football program is infected with stupiditis. :bounce:

Silver Britches

Official Sports Forum Birthday Thread Starter
Actually, I don't think most of them do. They've been coddled since someone figured out they were bigger, faster, better than their peers. Most have never been told no or punished for prior misdeeds for fear of them quitting the team or being deemed ineligible or in jail for said misdeeds.
I’m sure most of them have been coddled, but don’t kid yourself, dd. They know better.

Madsnooker

Well we know Kirby and the culture won’t be questioned. We’ll be hung here too if you do. Anyways, they’re adults and being paid millions, what do you tell the rich adult-kid now? It’s about wins and everyone's individual legacy now in these programs, including leadership. Can’t see how anyone is shocked at Harbaugh, Saban and these coaches for getting out!
Hairball got out for other reasons. Don't kid yourself!!! ;)

Madsnooker

I don't buy it's going on everywhere because of NIL. We would be hearing about this every week if so. Don't get me wrong. I understand these are young adults with money and cars but it seems fans of a team that has a player that gets busted always say, "well there just kids and it happens everywhere". No, it happens when an idiot drinks until their drunk then decides to drive. It happens with the rich and privileged and just as much with broke and poor!!! NIL has nothing to do with it. The only thing NIL did in this situation is give him the ability to drink and drive in a nice car instead of a beater. DUI's and stupid stuff has been going on since forever with college football players and the rate hasn't increased because of NIL.

The question is why does this keep happening at Ga???? No, it's not because they are ga So it makes the news. If this happened at usc, texas, osu, bama, Penn st or any other place it would be reported. It just seems odd it keeps happening at ga as bullgator pointed out???

bullgator

I don't buy it's going on everywhere because of NIL. We would be hearing about this every week if so. Don't get me wrong. I understand these are young adults with money and cars but it seems fans of a team that has a player that gets busted always say, "well there just kids and it happens everywhere". No, it happens when an idiot drinks until their drunk then decides to drive. It happens with the rich and privileged and just as much with broke and poor!!! NIL has nothing to do with it. The only thing NIL did in this situation is give him the ability to drink and drive in a nice car instead of a beater. DUI's and stupid stuff has been going on since forever with college football players and the rate hasn't increased because of NIL.

The question is why does this keep happening at Ga???? No, it's not because they are ga So it makes the news. If this happened at usc, texas, osu, bama, Penn st or any other place it would be reported. It just seems odd it keeps happening at ga as bullgator pointed out???
They aren’t in the broke and poor class.

Danuwoa

Redneck Emperor

It’s not just happening at Georgia.

Danuwoa

Redneck Emperor
Maybe this will help y’all’s teams best Georgia. But probably not.

Last edited:

The Original Rooster

Mayor of Spring Hill
19 year olds with a lot of money suddenly when they didn't have much before is a recipe for something bad to happen a lot of times, college sports or not.
I'm confident that I would have done something stupid at 19 with a lot of money. Maybe nothing that broke the law, but stupid nonetheless. Heck, I did stupid stuff without any money!
Let's see how Kirby responds.

Pig Predator

Useles Billy’s Fishel Hog Killer ?
You would think the DUI charge wouldn't hold up if medically he was under what is considered the threshold for a DUI. I would think the only charge would be underage drinking???
I don't know how it will go down. I don't really care. There's not a standard for kids driving under the influence on account of them not supposed to be in possession? Kinda like the 0% tolerance they put us adults on during holidays. If you blow a .04 on 0 tolerance days your going to jail for dui.

Throwback

Chief Big Taw
Kids get arrested for DUI/underage possession all the time.
The only reason we hear about it so much now ref football players is social media.
When there is basically one or two media outlets to deal with the coach can control it better. When everyone is a journalist he can’t.