Ever seen this.......

H

HT2

With "RUT" happenin' in Hancock, we've put out a little "TINKS".....

Not a whole bunch, but just enough in hopes of luring in a Big Boy......We'll with the Bucks we've seen, they ain't wanted nothin' to do with that stuff........It's not "spookin" them, but it's makin' them very uncomfortable, to where they just ease on away instead of pursuing the "imaginary" doe....

Ever happened to any of ya'll.......

We've cut back using it all together with them acting that way......

Jeff Phillips

Tim - I quite using scents a few years back when I got the same type reactions ::huh:

I want to try some of Bow Only's new scent. But most of the time I just try to avoid them.

The 1 thing I do like to do during the rut:
Go to a processor in your area and get you a fresh tarsal gland of their biggest buck (wear rubber gloves), salt it down real heavy on the flesh side so it'll last a while, keep it in a Zip Lock and refrigerate when you are not hunting. Hang it about 75 yards out from your stand, preferably on a crossing wind. Any buck gets a whiff he will come to check out the compitition ;)

Arrow Flinger

I have seen the same thing Tim. I also rarely use scent (other than cover scent) and then it is when I have a less than perfect wind. I have also had does get nervous with doe in heat scent. The last thing I want to do is run off the does.

Mechanicaldawg

Roosevelt Ranger
Recently I've put all the scent aside. I believe the deer come into your area, smell the scent & go to semi-alert as soon as they smell it.

I don't want that!

Now I use scent neutralizer only.

(Sorry Bow Only!)

Duff

Witnessed the same thing. No scents fo me anymore

broadhead

I had a young doe "spooked" the other morning. She wasn't alarmed. She was just uncomfortable because of the Tinks that I had out. If a doe's uncomfortable, a buck isn't going to come near.

Jim McRae

Well, I had a mature nine point come in on me last year, and he came directly downwind of the Tink's 69 I had sprayed on bushes in three places. Walked to the first bush and took a whiff and was on his way to the second bush when he got shot.
Now, on the other hand, I had a buddy who had a nice Lee Co. 10 pt turn inside out when he caught a whiff of the Code Blue he had put out. He said they should change the name of from Code Blue to, well, "bump" you, only he didn't say bump. :bounce: Just my 02 cents.

Jim M.

Al White

I have had nothing but good luck with tinks. I shot a nice 8 last year, standing in a scrape that I had poured tinks in about an hour before he arrived. I had a small 9 come in and put his nose right in some before as well.

Derek

I used a drag rag with some tinks on it this last Fri evening and put out a tinks scent bomb about 50 yds out in front of my stand. Didn't do me any good Fri evening but I forgot to go get it after the evening hunt Fri evening and Sat morning had a nice 7 pt follow that trail in and then I had some fun with him with my Primos Can and my rubberneck grunt tube!!!!!!!

All that said..............that was the first time I've had one do that.