Ever tried this reciepe?

NickDeer

First off, i'm a terrible cook, and i'm sure some of y'all on here are about like gordan ramsay with a good back strap ;). Have any of yall every tried this way of cooking deer? (the salt and pepper, the amount of time on both sides). This looks about at easy as it can get so i'm wanting to try it.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube-nocookie.com/embed/xYF6b4AloRc" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

ryanh487

I cut mine into 1" thick medallions to ensure even cooking and make it easier to avoid overcooking. Fresh ground black pepper, liberal amounts of kosher salt. Seared to a crust on each side in a dry, preheated cast iron pan, then I toss in a bunch of butter, thyme, rosemary, and fresh garlic and turn the heat down to low. Spoon the butter over the meat constantly, turn it after 1 minute, thumb test for rare/ medium rare, then pull it out the pan and let it rest for 10 minutes.

You get this:Screenshot_20190406-210439_Gallery.jpg

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
I cut mine into 1" thick medallions to ensure even cooking and make it easier to avoid overcooking. Fresh ground black pepper, liberal amounts of kosher salt. Seared to a crust on each side in a dry, preheated cast iron pan, then I toss in a bunch of butter, thyme, rosemary, and fresh garlic and turn the heat down to low. Spoon the butter over the meat constantly, turn it after 1 minute, thumb test for rare/ medium rare, then pull it out the pan and let it rest for 10 minutes.

You get this:View attachment 984731

man thats good stuff

NickDeer

Looks good

Turpentine

Wow!

Turpentine

IMG_20190928_140051~2.jpg
Lunch today. Deer meat sloppy joe, hint of lime chips, cup sweet tea. I thought I spoiled myself until I seen your meal. And this is the last of my deer meat. Time to put an arrow threw one.

shdw633

I do something similar only I cook it in olive oil and only about 45 seconds on each side. I throw the butter in during the last 30 seconds and baste the steak with it as it melts, then remove and serve. It comes out a nice medium rare without the brown butter taste that I am not the biggest fan of. Even if you do like to cook in butter, just add a little olive oil and that will stop some of the butter from burning, I do that when I am cooking scallops in the pan.

NickDeer

I do something similar only I cook it in olive oil and only about 45 seconds on each side. I throw the butter in during the last 30 seconds and baste the steak with it as it melts, then remove and serve. It comes out a nice medium rare without the brown butter taste that I am not the biggest fan of. Even if you do like to cook in butter, just add a little olive oil and that will stop some of the butter from burning, I do that when I am cooking scallops in the pan.
I’ll have to try that

Last Minute

That looks delicious!!