Excuse me but it wasn’t voluntary

Baroque Brass

I got my SS statement for 2023 and there was an amount labeled “voluntary federal income tax withheld”. Them keeping nearly $5k of my money was hardly voluntary, I was not given a choice. I feel better though knowing that my money was put to good use.

ryork

Folks in other countries and here for that matter are depending on you, keep up the hard work! I still say the fastest way to enact change in this country would be to force every employee to write a check to the US Treasury for tax every two weeks in lieu of the employer being saddled with it.

oldfella1962

Folks in other countries and here for that matter are depending on you, keep up the hard work! I still say the fastest way to enact change in this country would be to force every employee to write a check to the US Treasury for tax every two weeks in lieu of the employer being saddled with it.
BRAVO! :) And along with our check maybe some suggestions as to how to spend it would be very helpful. They can't come up with all these destructive ideas on their own. :huh: Just like "it takes a village to raise a man" it takes every man to implode a nation!

And about those "folks in other countries": as we speak, they are flooding South & Central America from over a hundred different counties across the globe, then coming across our southern border. What a long & dangerous ordeal! :( The U.S. military has thousands of ships and cargo aircraft at their disposal. Forget the "war" pipedream! Let's just take our planes & ships to every nation on Earth and load them up with everybody who wants to come here, no questions asked. Then we can just get rid out that pesky southern border that slows them down. Everybody wins! :clap:

buckmanmike

Biden voted as a Senator to tax 50% of S.S. income in 1973. And then had the deciding vote in 1983 to raise it to 85% of S. S. Income. There are thresholds at when rates kick in. But S.S. is money already taken from your pay check that was taxed, and then the government gives some of your money back and taxed it again.