Prayers please...

OwlRNothing

This whole "moving to TN" thing is really working on my anxiety disorder. Can I ask for some prayers that maybe somehow I can find some peace about it? In our current situation, we're going to have to rent somewhere for a bit before we can buy a place and I'm not working right now due to some health issues - but the thing is, everyone up there wants you to have three times the rent in income. That is leaving us with some very bad choices when it comes to neighborhoods and I'm one of those guys that realizes what kind of world we live in and I want to do everything I can to keep my wife and I safe from violence, drug dealings, etc.

My wife feels like this is what God wants us to do, but I'm not so sure. I guess I could use some prayers for that to be resolved. She's taken a new job up there, so it's settled we're moving - but I'm having a hard time dealing with not knowing where we'll end up or how this is going to work out since it seems that right now we really can't afford to live there, even with her making more money. As soon as I go back to work, we'll be fine. Heck, we'll be fine if I can't go back to work as far as surviving. I just can't stop worrying that we'll get stuck someplace dangerous because even though we have plenty of money in the bank, the 3X income requirement is going to keep us from renting something in a better area. Thanks guys.

JakkBauer

Probly no good at this point since you need to show records for months back but can you possibly pay yourself somehow to show that there is money coming from somewhere? Just a thought. Prayers sent.

Dub

Prayers sent that you find a safe port to anchor in, sheltered from the stormy seas.

OwlRNothing

Probly no good at this point since you need to show records for months back but can you possibly pay yourself somehow to show that there is money coming from somewhere? Just a thought. Prayers sent.

Thanks for tryin to help us Jakk. Wife has been in the back end of banking for about 20 years. Not much we can do other than try to find somewhere that will look at our credit scores and the fact that we'll have ( what we consider ) plenty in the bank after the house here sells, and therefore be negotiable on the 3X the rent thing.
I was just thinking the other day - where do single people live that make decent money but maybe not 3 x the rent. FWIW - a typical 2/2 apartment up there averages about $1800-$2000 a month with extra charges, pet fees, etc. ( we have two doggos)

Thanks though for trying to help us think of something.
Thank you all for the prayers, too btw. I don't normally ask online for prayer, but thought it might be ok here.

hopper

Prayers Sent. Remember that your fears aren't always to be ignored. Personally I would be doing exactly what you are and finding a safe community to lay my head. Prayer and action (searching) is a plus.
Good luck on your move.

2dye4

Praying for you and the family BigO. Hopefully things will work out. Leave it in Gods hands and He’ll get you through it.

StriperAddict

This hits home since I'll be retiring next year.
Trust, depending on His providence and resting in Him are the go-to. Although that last one is the toughest!
Prayers up for God's grace to lead y'all.

Big7

The Oracle
Prayers from here.

Madman

I understand some of your anxiety, in some ways it was a very difficult year for me from a business standpoint, but my wife and family were there. I came home every evening to a loving wife, my children and grandchildren are well.

As difficult as it has been, I AM THANKFUL.

O GOD, merciful and compassionate, who art ever ready to hear the prayers of those who put their trust in thee; Graciously hearken to us who call upon thee, and grant us thy help in this our need; through Jesus Christ our Lord.
Amen.

Gods peace dear brother.

basstrkr

Prayers for you. Consider connecting with a local church as soon as possible. The congregation would be good source for possible solution.

pjciii

Prayers sent for you and your wife. I know well the stress of moving to a state and what they require. Have you thought about an extended stay motel or a place that offers 6 month lease until you get a better feel for the area.