Rooster and Mrs. Wendy need your prayers

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
No, the two different electrician’s opinion is that it appeared to have started behind the breakers on the buss bar because a wire had gotten loose and heated up.

Was it one of the big wires from the meter ?

No, this appeared to be midway down the panel.

When I was a facility manager I used to hire a company to come in every few years and do a thermal
Infrared imaging scan on power panels and similar equipment.
They always found hot spots like wires loose or corroded, bad breakers, etc.
It was always money well spent.

dwhee87

GON Political Forum Scientific Studies Poster
Wow! Good thing you were home and were able to put it out.

Prayers your return to power is uneventful (and not too pricey!).

Redbow

Glad you folks are okay and you caught the fire before it spread out of control. This same thing happened to a neighbor of mine a few years ago but his was due to a lightning strike. He was lucky to be home when his electric panel got hit.

Prayers sent that your home is back to normal very soon now.

The Original Rooster

Mayor of Spring Hill
Just wanted to give everyone an update. The electricians were able to junction into most of the wire so we’ll only have to replace a few runs. I’ll be getting a new meter base and new main run into the breaker box with an outdoor main that will bring me up to current code I believe. Also having them put a switch on my whole house so I’ll be able to hook my house up to a generator. I should be up and running again by Wednesday if things go well. Appreciate everyone’s thoughts and prayers!

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
Just wanted to give everyone an update. The electricians were able to junction into most of the wire so we’ll only have to replace a few runs. I’ll be getting a new meter base and new main run into the breaker box with an outdoor main that will bring me up to current code I believe. Also having them put a switch on my whole house so I’ll be able to hook my house up to a generator. I should be up and running again by Wednesday if things go well. Appreciate everyone’s thoughts and prayers!
Glad it coming together my friend. Thought about you this morning, lucky but still an inconvenience.

4HAND

Cuffem & Stuffem Moderator
Staff member
Good deal.
Good idea putting the generator switch in.
Every year I threaten to buy a house generator, but I won't spend the $$.
:bounce: :bounce:

The Original Rooster

Mayor of Spring Hill
Good deal.
Good idea putting the generator switch in.
Every year I threaten to buy a house generator, but I won't spend the $$.
:bounce: :bounce:
Right now, I’m just happy to have running water and flushing toilets again. When I retire, maybe I’ll spring for a generac system. Just being able to run some things by cycling until then will be good enough. Anything has got to be better than what I’m doing now.

The Original Rooster

Mayor of Spring Hill
Now we've got ourselves a battery powered mobile hotpot too so Mrs. Wendy can work from home next week until we get power.
Pain in the tail to set up but modern technology is pretty cool!
When this is all over, I ought to be a spokesman for Harbor Freight 6500 watt generators! I've been living off one for days now!

Last edited:

The Original Rooster

Mayor of Spring Hill
Got some good advice from Griffin pool service in Macon as well. If this ever happens to you, he says to shock your pool every day until you can run the filter again. It might get cloudy but it won’t turn green and it’s a lot easier to clear it up than having an algae problem.

fflintlock

Useles Billy’s Clubhouse Maintenance man
Glad you are faring well during this. This serves as a wakeup call to all of us to check on our electrical panels, fire extinguishers and smoke detectors. You being home at the time, dodged a big bullet there, definitely count your blessings. Hope you get everything taken care of and get your place back up and running quickly.

The Original Rooster

Mayor of Spring Hill
Glad you are faring well during this. This serves as a wakeup call to all of us to check on our electrical panels, fire extinguishers and smoke detectors. You being home at the time, dodged a big bullet there, definitely count your blessings. Hope you get everything taken care of and get your place back up and running quickly.
I really liked the idea that one member said about periodically using an IR viewer on your breaker panel to look for hot spots.