Rooster and Mrs. Wendy need your prayers

Core Lokt

Glad y'all are back up and running and it wasn't any worse..

I'ma tell ya, the WH generator with auto transfer switch I purchased is the BEST money I have ever spent.....

I'll give y'all a tip. Purchase the unit yourself and have an electrician hook it up. Don't purchase through an electrical company...

Norwall Power Systems is where I got mine.

The Original Rooster

Mayor of Spring Hill
Glad y'all are back up and running and it wasn't any worse..

I'ma tell ya, the WH generator with auto transfer switch I purchased is the BEST money I have ever spent.....

I'll give y'all a tip. Purchase the unit yourself and have an electrician hook it up. Don't purchase through an electrical company...

Norwall Power Systems is where I got mine.
I'm thinking along similar lines. My electrician is putting in a whole house plug that isolates me from the meter so that I can hook my 6500 watt generator up and run most of my house. I'm not ready to invest in more than that currently but I might one day.

Core Lokt

I did that for years but it did get old dragging the gen back and forth but it was sure better than zero power.

We built a house 4 years ago and comparing cost of house to WH genset what was 5K more was my thinking :LOL: SIL hooked it up for us, I did give him a hunnert dolla bill....

The Original Rooster

Mayor of Spring Hill
I did that for years but it did get old dragging the gen back and forth but it was sure better than zero power.

We built a house 4 years ago and comparing cost of house to WH genset what was 5K more was my thinking :LOL: SIL hooked it up for us, I did give him a hunnert dolla bill....
I agree with your thinking. If you've got propane or natural gas already and can have guaranteed power no matter what happens, especially in a place with more outages, I think Its a good investment.

Core Lokt

The lines run aloooong way through the woods to get to me and my power will go out on a bluebird day at times. It was worth it.

We went with a gas HW heater so I had to get LP anyway.

Anyway, glad y'all are back to normal living.