Rooster and Mrs. Wendy need your prayers

The Original Rooster

Mayor of Spring Hill
Thanks everybody. I picked up a bigger generator to be able to use more a/c and maybe get the well going. If I’ve got water, I can stay here easy. Insurance comes by Wednesday morning to take a look. Hope to hear from the electrician soon. Everyone is off this week for the holiday so have to be patient.

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
Sounds like it could have been a whole lot worse ! Glad y’all are safe and still have a home , prayers added !

georgia_home

Hang in there. It’ll work out.

A friend had a battery pack up in his garage and take a section out.

it took a while to rebuild, remove smell, but hope you had good insurance like him. They were covered for motel and costs. Slow, but things did get back to normal

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
Anything recently added to your panel box ? I’m gonna guess lightning if not . And good tip on smoke detectors and fire extinguisher . I don’t have a extinguisher in my home and I bet a lot doesn’t

specialk

Scares the heebee jeebees outta' me....ive got bunches of fire ext. and at my deer camp as well....

bullgator

Just saw this. More prayers from the peninsula. I hope the path back is quick and smooth.

The Original Rooster

Mayor of Spring Hill
Anything recently added to your panel box ? I’m gonna guess lightning if not . And good tip on smoke detectors and fire extinguisher . I don’t have a extinguisher in my home and I bet a lot doesn’t
No, the two different electrician’s opinion is that it appeared to have started behind the breakers on the buss bar because a wire had gotten loose and heated up.

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
No, the two different electrician’s opinion is that it appeared to have started behind the breakers on the buss bar because a wire had gotten loose and heated up.

Was it one of the big wires from the meter ?

pjciii

Our breaker box burst into flames and would have burned our house down. By the grace of God we were home and I was able to put it out with a fire extinguisher. The fire department said we were lucky. We’re going to be without power for a while until we sort this mess out. We’d appreciate your prayers for a smooth recovery.
Sending prayers your way.