Eye Dr.

This got talked about this years ago, but I can't find it.

Does anyone know of an eye Dr. in North Ga that bow hunts? I feel like a Dr. that knows how to shoot a bow will understand what I'm trying to tell him. They guy I go to now just doesn't get it.

So what's the problem? Perhaps someone can help.
I guess I'm just getting older and can't see like I want. I see my pins good, but I can't see the target like I should. I've tried lenses and clarifiers. I feel like I can shoot alot better than my eyes let me. 10-12 years ago I had a ton more confidence than I do now.

Deer Fanatic

Cool ? Useless Billy Deer Guide
I had to get glasses before last season. Had never been to an eye Dr. in my life. I was very worried about how it would affect shooting my bow. Got progressive lenses and have had zero issues shooting. It was to the point that early and late couldn't really make out anything in the woods--- everything was just a blur. I have heard that shooting with bi-focals can be tricky- is that what you have?

pasinthrough

As we age, our eyes loose the ability to focus as they once did. On the corrections, you can correct for distance or just past arms length where your pins are, but seldom both at the same time. A #6 Clairifier worked for me and has me shooting better than ever. I tried wearing a single contact but that just didn't work. The only thing I loose is about 10-15 minutes at dawn and dusk over no clairifier.

Been checked for a cataract?

lagrangedave

Gone But Not Forgotten
You need to stop aiming and let your brain tell your arms where to shoot.....I know this sounds odd but focus on your intended striking point and let your body adjust itself....I can do this....won't hurt to try it.....

ninjaneer

For last several years I've worn no line progressives. They have a close, mid, and distant prescription in the lens. I carry a pair with my distance prescription only to hunt and shoot with. Even walking on the ground hunting with progressives can be aggravating. Not all progressive lenses are the same, some allow better peripheral vision etc. I don't have a Dr recommendation, but would be interested myself as I'm probably due. Haven't changed RX in several yrs.

Hillbilly stalker

Just means your getting long in the tooth. I fought that fight 2 years ago. Clarifier was what I settled on.

Dr. Robert "Bob" Elwell can help you. He isn't an "avid" hunter but he hunts enough to know what you're needing. He's my brother in laws, dad and has helped us all out with our shooting. His place is in Monticello now, so not sure if that helps you.

Huck

As we age, our eyes loose the ability to focus as they once did. On the corrections, you can correct for distance or just past arms length where your pins are, but seldom both at the same time. A #6 Clairifier worked for me and has me shooting better than ever. I tried wearing a single contact but that just didn't work. The only thing I loose is about 10-15 minutes at dawn and dusk over no clairifier.

Been checked for a cataract?

Yes sir, I just had a yearly exam about 3 weeks ago. The DR keeps telling me "someone had you way OVER corrected", and lowered the strength of my contacts for the 2nd time in 3 years. I told him "you're the only eye Dr I've seen in 15 years." I've went so far as to drag him out in the parking lot and showed him my bow to explain what I'm trying to see, and he just don't get it.

Permitchaser

You may have cataract s but im not a Dr. I go to Dr.Elwell while he'in Covington, GA
i wear one contact in my left eye and nothing in my right. That way i can see distance and close. I shoot left handed an dont have a problem

delacroix

BANNED
Been legally blind since third grade, myself. I have to shoot at different spots on targets so I don't robin hood all my arrows. You have to learn to shoot at a blur. With your aging eyes, you can really only expect to be able to see the pin clearly. You have to hold relative to the whole thing instead of being able to pick a hair.