Face the tree climber (Still being made)

Blackston

Go ahead and get ready to buy one . Fair warning though , they are extremely easy to fall fast asleep in
This is my buddy’s buck he killed a couple weeks ago ( he insisted I take a pic with it ) …. But as you notice climber is in truck , upon arrival at processor my summit Goliath was GON we didn’t go over 55 and I ride back ther all the time . But all that being said my killin perch is gone ( I took it kinda hard lol I bought that thing in 16 about same time I joined forum me and her have killed some deer I’d have to check harvest record but I know it’s a few ) So I’m in the market for a new one and I’ve considered a face the tree
I’ve killed out to 160yds outta the summit but I bet I’d be steadier usin the tree to brace 4DCC803C-5D5E-49B4-8BE6-A418D0FFAB92.jpeg

Wanderlust

This is my buddy’s buck he killed a couple weeks ago ( he insisted I take a pic with it ) …. But as you notice climber is in truck , upon arrival at processor my summit Goliath was GON we didn’t go over 55 and I ride back ther all the time . But all that being said my killin perch is gone ( I took it kinda hard lol I bought that thing in 16 about same time I joined forum me and her have killed some deer I’d have to check harvest record but I know it’s a few ) So I’m in the market for a new one and I’ve considered a face the tree
I’ve killed out to 160yds outta the summit but I bet I’d be steadier usin the tree to brace
Summit sells a shooting rest for their climber.
Friend of mine has one and makes a huge difference for a steady shot.

Blackston

Summit sells a shooting rest for their climber.
Friend of mine has one and makes a huge difference for a steady shot.
I bought one but I’m to tall for it … this is what I do and am pretty pleased with it …. Still goin back and forth about what to do ?609C4E08-2529-4137-B281-DEB76CC8E979.jpeg

Blackston

10/4
I understand that.
I'm 6-3 but not 7 like you.
Try out Brian's gun slinger.
It's heavy but it's dang sure comfortable.
Thanks man when I bought the rail I was excited about it till I figured out I had to much belly to comfortably use it hahaha

Seminole Wind

I wish someone would make the old Tomcat climbing stand again. They are light, comfortable and face the tree. I have taken many a nap in mine leaning forward with my head resting on the tree. Impossible to make a shot if they come in behind you though.

transfixer

Keep an eye on FB marketplace. I saw an old Brent hunt stand on there the other day.

those are the best face the tree climbing stands ever made as far as I'm concerned, I bought one when they first came out, then bought another for my Dad, let someone talk me out of them a few years back, regretted it the next year, and found another one on the trader site later and jumped on it,, still have it, I won't let it go now until I get too old to use it !

I've never understood why the guy quit making them

Reactions: EDH

frankwright

I wish someone would make the old Tomcat climbing stand again. They are light, comfortable and face the tree. I have taken many a nap in mine leaning forward with my head resting on the tree. Impossible to make a shot if they come in behind you though.
I have one on the ODT right now.

I used one of the Portaclimb Cadillac stands for years. It was a very safe and comfortable stand.

Hit-n-Miss

I have a Gunslinger with the gun hooks and love it. If you going deep in put it on a deer cart and weight not an issue. You gonna need cart for a deer anyway.

FALCON z

I picked one up on marketplace for 100. They are light but just ok comfort wise. u sure cant turn around to get a deer, tho.

FALCON z

those are the best face the tree climbing stands ever made as far as I'm concerned, I bought one when they first came out, then bought another for my Dad, let someone talk me out of them a few years back, regretted it the next year, and found another one on the trader site later and jumped on it,, still have it, I won't let it go now until I get too old to use it !

I've never understood why the guy quit making them
Got a pic of it? Never heard of them. I feel the same about the war 100's. Haven't found a stand I can get up and down a tree with as fast, yet.

HarryO45

Mag dump Dirty Harry
IMG_7294.jpeg
Cut the back of your summit seat. Push the seat back against the traditional shooting rail. Lower the seat straps all the way and you have a very comfortable face the tree Summit Climber. I use these to make both platforms rock solid.IMG_7102.jpeg

HarryO45

Mag dump Dirty Harry
Also have an old roll out medic bag that i tie to the tree. When i get up i attach it the to cables - roll out the bag - got everything i need at my fingertips. Green rubber coated wire allows me to keep my hands warm while my rifle is secure.IMG_7282.jpeg

oldman

Look up the tomcat deer stands in Toombs County. Bought one in 1978. Still use it every year. Only had to replace wooden seat once. Very light weight

Core Lokt

I still have a TomCat II and you are correct about turning backwards but I have seen deer out there and had time to adjust climber. I used a cushion to sit on a d pipe insulation for a back rest. Helped a lot.

Silver Britches

Official Sports Forum Birthday Thread Starter

I've been using these for 30 years. Great fella to deal with also.
Same here. I've got 2 Buckshot Cadillac stands that are about 30 years old and I still use them exclusively to this day. I've had to replace the wood in both seats at least once, but it's an easy fix. I love mine!
Those climbers are the design I'm looking for. I will have to look into them more. Thanks!
They're great stands. To be around for this long, you know they're doing something right. I don't know how well built the ones are today, but my 2 30 year old stands are holding up well.
I prefer a face the tree stand. Tree is a better rest than any rail on the aways IMO.
Yep! But I mainly prefer facing the tree so I can grab ahold of it should I start to fall! :bounce: Don't like facing away from the tree. And you couldn't give me one of those lock-on type stands! No way!

Here's one of my Cadillac stands. If I ever have to buy another stand, these are the ones I want.

Climber Pic (2).jpgClimber Pic (1).jpg