Father in law with dementia

basstrkr

I'm know expert but I did make some notes:

- Try never to let them see you(or anyone)be seen leaving their residence with something that belongs to them. If you take a coat to the cleaners hide it in a bag or something. (they may very well think your stealing)

-Once when my Mom insisted I remove an old flower bed, I first had her sign and date a paper stating that wanted it removed. It was needed and it worked.

jbogg

My mother-in-law developed a fairly rapid onset form of dementia almost 2 years ago. She now receives round the clock in home care. My wife has three brothers that all live locally, but virtually all the heavy lifting has fallen upon my wife. Laundry, medication, frequent doctors visits… Extremely stressful for her since both of us still work full-time.

Regarding firearms, we had a sad situation unfold in our old neighborhood around 15 years ago. Some neighbors that lived on the street directly behind us, had to move the wife’s father in with them. He struggled with some form of severe dementia, and within a short time of moving in he found his son-in-law‘s pistol, and shot his son-in-law in the head as he napped in a recliner. He never even understood what he had done. Very sad for all involved.