Favorite Box Call - Wood Combo

Buckman18

yes and a good caller can make turkey sounds with about anything. However, that don't mean you want to use it

I’m not a great caller so I mostly rely on clucks and woodsmanship! Haha!!!

Gaswamp

RedHills

Self Banned after losing a Noles bet.
Traditional box tone (woods) has it's place and following. With the exotics, tone from boxes has been transformed. Especially with a short box. Tones that use to be restricted to longs are now achieved in shorts.

Buckman18

What a dang show! And what a a decision!

After fondling all sorts of boxes l narrowed it down to a Bob Harwell or Marlin Watkins box. I couldn’t decide, they were both pure turkey, so my Buddy flipped a coin and I bought the Marlin Watkins butternut with red heart lid.

Also picked up some Pecker Wrecker mouth calls. Then I had to hurry up and leave because I dang near went back to get the Harwell box also…

2D403F22-4167-4510-8C79-9E0FED4D2FB6.jpeg

And I just looked in my goody bag and saw that Kevin put a decal in it, so, like nascar, this season I’ll be hunting with the PeckerWrecker 12 Gauge! 90BB19F4-B6D3-41C7-AEFF-B0BC70F1F407.jpeg

Last edited:

Gaswamp

glad you had a good time

RedHills

Self Banned after losing a Noles bet.
Butternut box with walnut lid, made by Roland Martin. Best sounding call I’ve ever used!

Yep...it sounds as good as Neil Cost's! That's his claim right on his video...as he's tuning them on a belt sander...thinning the sides.

After fondling all sorts of boxes l narrowed it down to a Bob Harwell or Marlin Watkins box. I couldn’t decide, they were both pure turkey, so my Buddy flipped a coin and I bought the Marlin Watkins butternut with red heart lid.

Also picked up some Pecker Wrecker mouth calls. Then I had to hurry up and leave because I dang near went back to get the Harwell box also…

View attachment 1128733

And I just looked in my goody bag and saw that Kevin put a decal in it, so, like nascar, this season I’ll be hunting with the PeckerWrecker 12 Gauge! View attachment 1128788[/QUOTE

Ben1100Mag

Any of the Box calls made By MR. Jack Scott are great. I have several that I will not part with.

ssramage

View attachment 1128733

And I just looked in my goody bag and saw that Kevin put a decal in it, so, like nascar, this season I’ll be hunting with the PeckerWrecker 12 Gauge! View attachment 1128788

Bob Harwell makes some of my favorite box calls. I think I have more of his than any other. I need to call him and get a few more before this season...

Skiff89

Just bought a Billy White last year, haven’t hunted with it yet. I like the way it sounds. Lots of good call makers out there.