Fellow Hunters

kmaxwell3

So after reading "blakejeffers" post about the hunt he hosted at his place for The Outdoor Dream Foundation I wanted to give a shout out to Hunting for the Cure. They are an organization that takes kids fighting cancer and other diseases and their families hunting and fishing. As some of you know my youngest child Hudson has been battling ALL Leukemia since last year. He has done real well with treatment and will be done July of next year. I found Hunting for the Cure at the Buckarama in Perry this past summer. Keith who runs the organization invited us to their annual Pig Roast in Dublin. We had a great time at the pig roast and met a lot of the families that he works with through his organization. They invited us to the deer hunt in Dublin in the middle of November. I took three of my kids to that and they all had a great time. They provide everything from all your food to lodging for all the trips and different events that they hold for the families like ours. They also give away guns to the kids at the Hunts that they hold. It's a big undertaking for Keith and his team to get these things done. If you guys have a chance check out their Facebook page and website. They do a lot of gun Raffles on the Facebook page and they only sell certain amount of tickets per gun to give you a better chance of winning. Also if you want to attend the pig roast in Dublin you can buy tickets for that. They hold it in October. It's all-you-can-eat food and a lot of Raffles there also. Make sure if you go to their Facebook page that is the one based in Augusta Georgia. I can tell you from personal experience finding these guys and being able to take my kids hunting with them is a relief from the reality of having a child with cancer and dealing with that. Cancer not only affects the child itself but the entire family including the siblings. Thanks guys!!

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
Great organization for sure . Prayers for your son to continue to do well with his treatments, I can’t imagine the stress and strain this puts on a family . Organizations like these and people like Blake sure makes things better if it’s only for a few days !

snuffy

I thought it was called oyster roast, but I have been the last two years.

I have had the pleasure of knowing a couple of the guys involved and can tell you they are HEROES

The time these guys spend getting everything ready for the kids is amazing.
They do everything possible to make sure the kids have an enjoyably and successful hunt.

kmaxwell3

I thought it was called oyster roast, but I have been the last two years.

I have had the pleasure of knowing a couple of the guys involved and can tell you they are HEROES

The time these guys spend getting everything ready for the kids is amazing.
They do everything possible to make sure the kids have an enjoyably and successful hunt.
Yes it's been called different things. I can promise you everything they do for us does not go unnoticed. I know it has to take a lot of their time, energy and money to put on these hunts.

Hooked On Quack

REV`REND DR LUV
Is this based out of Dublin ?? Sounds like a great organization.

snuffy

And they are so proud when the kids score.