Fields landing at Allatoona

sprewett

Hey ladies and gents quick question. Is fields landing boat ramp opened year round. I know the website states seasonally based upon water level. On Google satellite I have seen a truck and trailer when the water is real low. I know the river gets crazy low..I have a mud motor. I don't want to buy the annual pass if the close it off during cold months. Thanks for your time.

Alexander

Keep in mind that even with a mud motor at certain times of the year and at certain lake levels even the Etowah isn't navigable past certain points. Usually when the lake is somewhere between 830-828 on the lake level chart is when they shut Fields down. Also for what its worth, Fields is county maintained and not Corp so the permits are from the county and in all my years of using fields landing, I have never seen the permits enforced or be checked.

Keep in mind that even with a mud motor at certain times of the year and at certain lake levels even the Etowah isn't navigable past certain points. Usually when the lake is somewhere between 830-828 on the lake level chart is when they shut Fields down. Also for what its worth, Fields is county maintained and not Corp so the permits are from the county and in all my years of using fields landing, I have never seen the permits enforced or be checked.
Hey you don’t know my Brudder @sprewett that crazed maniac makes a channel and makes it navigable.. you know the “hey y’all watch dis “ kind.. seen him ride up Dadgum trees in the water… woowee you shouldn’t have told him that one he going full tilt nest times up aaire

sprewett

@Gadestroyer74 sound like this is gonna be a sure enough adventure. Never run a boat on dry land although I have went over a sand bar, jumped a log, and banged against a rock. This might be the first.
Normally so long as my boat has about 2" of water I can run it. I guess I will try it at least once at least if there is to much water I can't sink the boat that's a plus.

@Gadestroyer74 sound like this is gonna be a sure enough adventure. Never run a boat on dry land although I have went over a sand bar, jumped a log, and banged against a rock. This might be the first.
Normally so long as my boat has about 2" of water I can run it. I guess I will try it at least once at least if there is to much water I can't sink the boat that's a plus.
We’ll see I seen a fella bout like you on then swamp folks show. Sum buck was jumping logs banks skidding over stuff like a ain’t ever seen. You ain’t kin to that ole rascal is ya ?? Haha who needs an air boat when you got air @sprewett . Jusss sayin. I know who I ain’t riding with

Latest posts