Finally got rain in SW Ga.

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
Breaking plots and getting the planted with oats, turnips and collards. I sure could have used some help today though. But I got five plots broke and planted, and another two plots broke ready to plant tomorrow. Now I hope the next rain isn't too far away. Photo of my view most of the day from the old Ford 1946 2N.

Attachments

• plots2.jpg
    plots2.jpg
    443.8 KB · Views: 77
  • plots1.jpg
    plots1.jpg
    381.5 KB · Views: 78

fishfryer

frying fish driveler
Breaking plots and getting the planted with oats, turnips and collards. I sure could have used some help today though. But I got five plots broke and planted, and another two plots broke ready to plant tomorrow. Now I hope the next rain isn't too far away. Photo of my view most of the day from the old Ford 1946 2N.
It’s a shame nobody helps you, but I understand it’s important enough to you , to keep it going.

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
My help had to work today, or he would have been there. Today, I got five plots planted, and another two broke ready to plant tomorrow. I had rather spend laboring in the woods, than sitting around the house. I'm caught up at the house, yard etc. Pontoon boat 60 HP Merc, blew a fuse inside the cover of the outboard. I have some fuses, but who knows where???.....lol ...I probably put them up so I wouldn't forget where they are. I'll buy new fuses tomorrow, to make sure I have plenty on board when out on the lake.

Attachments

• plots1.jpg
    plots1.jpg
    381.5 KB · Views: 12
  • plots2.jpg
    plots2.jpg
    443.8 KB · Views: 11

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
11 members. Two of us do 98 percent of the work, 2 percent will do a little maybe during deer season if you catch them, and very little when it's not deer season. I've been managing a club since 1975, first in Macon Co. Al, then Bullock Co. Al, Moved to Miller/Early counties in 87 and been there since. It never changes, most have excuses all spring and summer as to why they can't get over to help. Hunting season opens, and all those excuses disappear. It will never change. I'm lucky to have one who is as dedicated as I at managing for great deer and turkey seasons, and big deer. Some may not know, and some does know. To have a quality hunting lease, it take work, management and money. i manage so we can kill bucks like the one shown. Racks a little off, but he's a good one in my book. Could be akin to the 24 inch wild 9 I killed two years ago. His rack was a bit off too.

Attachments

• spearpond 22.jpg
    spearpond 22.jpg
    150.2 KB · Views: 51

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
Had good help today, and took out one boar hog. Left him for the varmints.

Attachments

• food plots Oct 16 2022.jpg
    food plots Oct 16 2022.jpg
    387.4 KB · Views: 38
  • boar hog.jpg
    boar hog.jpg
    532.5 KB · Views: 37

sghoghunter

We got all ours planted in quitman co Friday and Saturday. Even though it rained 2 1/2 inches last week there we still managed to get some dust flying in a couple.

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
We got all plots planted Sat and Sun, and it's already rained on them. Looking good, lets hope this keeps up. Still didn't put any water in our ponds or swamps. But we have plenty mud holes in the roads. Only problem we have now is, 300 plus acres are being cut on our west end by another land owner. They have pushed tree tops over the line and blocked our west line road. I'll never understand why some loggers are not more respectable about property lines and food plot clearings. A pond that's usually about 7 feet deep is still dry, with two gator caves showing. One has some small gators hanging around it still.

Attachments

• gator cave 2.jpg
    gator cave 2.jpg
    448.7 KB · Views: 24

buckmanmike

Im going to Randolph Co thursday. Hope to get my plots planted. I have not turned a square inch of dirt since the spring. Probably will interfere with my hunting, but they say deer like fresh turned dirt.
Good luck to all this weekend. My bud down there says county population doubled last weekend.

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
Im going to Randolph Co thursday. Hope to get my plots planted. I have not turned a square inch of dirt since the spring. Probably will interfere with my hunting, but they say deer like fresh turned dirt.
Good luck to all this weekend. My bud down there says county population doubled last weekend.
I can break a plot, and the next morning it will be covered with deer tracks. Give it a couple days, and turkey tracks will be there too.