We're going to be ok in Miller/Early Ga where our club is.

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
Our area got so darn dry we couldn't break ground, much less plant. Before it dried up, we did plant a few plots and they survived for awhile. We planted blackeyed peas, soybeans, clover and okra. Recent rains have made it too wet to plant over half of our 15 plots. But we're not worried, local farms next to us have put in huge fields of peanuts, we're going to have some fat deer this coming season. Couple farms have corn and that's where the hogs have gone for now. Even though the farms are providing plenty food, we like to have plots to keep the deer within our property lines as possible. Even though we've lost too much habitat in the area, we're continuing to see a good many deer. Bucks have about 4 to 5 inches antler growth already. Fawns are beginning to drop, saw the first fawn tracks last week. Also noticed a free ranging dog is coming in regular, bet he's hunting fawns. The same dog did the same thing last year. Cameras tell on him, plus I've seen him once one afternoon. I've rode around the area trying to see the dog in a yard so I can talk to the owner. Nothing so far and don't know how far the dog travels. We had four hens nesting at the beginning of turkey season, all nest broken up. Now we see the hens without poults, bet the hogs of coons got them. Here's hoping y'all can afford the gas to hunt this coming season. If you have any tips, let me know. I can use all the help I can get. until deer season, I will have cameras watching two hog traps.

Attachments

• big trap.jpg
    big trap.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 70

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
In my club I tried to get several members to put up a blind in a spot I know has been good over the years. Nobody would take the advice. So, I put an elevated blind there. Now I'm going to see if I get to sit it. The area had been clear cut so my old blind has been relocated. Grown back up now, so it's an active spot again, three road crossings in fifty yards or so.

Attachments

• blindgopher.jpeg
    blindgopher.jpeg
    216.5 KB · Views: 51

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
As I have aged, not as spry as I once was. So, I've put up some elevated blinds to help me be comfortable while deer hunting. I managed to get my blinds up and in good shape back before these hot days showed up. Another great spot.

Attachments

• blind painted.jpeg
    blind painted.jpeg
    195.1 KB · Views: 26

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
Had just set this one up, winds blew it against a tree before I had a chance to anchor it. To save money, and to make this blind easy to move. It's a frame covered with a tarp. Swivel chair inside. Killed a 200 pound 8 point from it last season.

Attachments

• blindleaning .jpg
    blindleaning .jpg
    386.3 KB · Views: 35