Finally! Kitchen tore out...

dwhee87

GON Political Forum Scientific Studies Poster
Looks like it's coming along.

1eyefishing

...just joking, seriously.
Wife handling the subcontractors today.
She likes it when I'm in a tree instead of eagle-eyeing problems and options that would otherwise get buried.
Backsplash next...image.jpg

4HAND

Cuffem & Stuffem Moderator
Staff member
That sure is looking nice!
When we built our house we were living in a small mobile home on the same property. Every day after work I would walk through & look at what had been done that day.
It is unreal mistakes contractor's make. How they "don't see" it until you point it out is astounding.

dwhee87

GON Political Forum Scientific Studies Poster
Just about ready for company! I love a great kitchen. Last house had a huge one with lots of space across the bar for people to sit and visit while the cook worked. Looks like yours will be like that.

1eyefishing

Just about ready for company! I love a great kitchen. Last house had a huge one with lots of space across the bar for people to sit and visit while the cook worked. Looks like yours will be like that.

Yep. That side of the counter towards the den has about a 14-in overhang so we can make our little breakfast bar. Our TV is mounted on the far wall opposing the kitchen, so it's a one roomer...

1eyefishing

10 fays o huntin and whadda ya get?
A brand new kitchen and deeper in debt.

Just got home again and things appear to be finished... Except for all the carp all over the place. My wife had a bunch of junk in the old cabinets and she doesn't want to put it in the new cabinets so that and leftover building materials are everwar.l
There are a lots of nifty and good new stuff. When we get it cleaned up I'll make a little video of my favorite changes...
The microwave on the counter is also going away. Our double ovens on the opposite wall are going to microwave over oven...

IMG_20191028_190410.jpg
IMG_20191028_190341.jpg

It'll be great when we get it cleaned up!
IMG_20191028_193513.jpg

1eyefishing

It seems my wife has told everybody they're done. The sheetrock repair, caulking and painting will be left up to yours truly.
YAY!
Right after the rut....
... And the flounder run.
... And some winter red fishing...
And...

Latest posts