Finally Virus Free!!!!!

JD

We got the mother of a virus a couple of days ago on the computer.....actually 11:hair: But they were all related I think. The virus basically would throw up a pop up saying you had multiple infections and would kick you off the net and stop you from doing just about anything. These ads looked official just like the Microsoft website and logos...It would ask if you wanted to be protected click yes if not click no...well if you click no it you automatically kick you off the Internet. If you click yes protect me then it would send you to a site that looked just like Microsoft and give you different options and levels of protection starting at $49.95:rolleyes: If you see this don't fall for it. The ads that are popping up is the virus and they are just trying to get money from you and guess what if you pay it they will disappear from what I was told by my computer guy (Comeaux). Well, he told me what to do and after 4 hours all 11 virus's are gone and the computer is working good again and it didn't cost me a dime. But I will probably take him to lunch when he gets back in town. :clap:

I want to say a big thanks to Comeaux.. you da man!!!:clap::clap::clap:

jonkayak

I have three words for you. Get a MAC!

In all seriousness glade to hear you're back in business.

JD

I have thought about it...but bought 2 four wheelers instead.;) But it was a pain... it wasn't just one pop up... it would be like 3 and 4 at a time...:banginghe

jonkayak

I have thought about it...but bought 2 four wheelers instead.;) But it was a pain... it wasn't just one pop up... it would be like 3 and 4 at a time...:banginghe

Apparently you did good cause a simlar bug beat me down. :D The wife got one on her laptop like that and we took it to have it fixed after I spent 12 hours trying to fix it. The GEEK guy told me it'd be $150 to fix her $400 Dell. Well that thing now makes a great paper weight. 5 years now with one MAC and 3 years with a MAC Book and 0 viruses.

JD

Apparently you did good cause a simlar bug beat me down. :D The wife got one on her laptop like that and we took it to have it fixed after I spent 12 hours trying to fix it. The GEEK guy told me it'd be $150 to fix her $400 Dell. Well that thing now makes a great paper weight. 5 years now with one MAC and 3 years with a MAC Book and 0 viruses.

Yea Randy told me to go to properties on the my computer icon and turn off system restore. Then restart the computer in safe mode and then run a complete system scan. It worked....the only thing is the virus had attached itself to an EXE file and when it was removed it took that file or part of it with it. So the computer was not running rite so I did a search on the error code and all I had to do is load a EXE file or patch I am not sure but it worked.

Sunshine1

There's a special place in "Hades" for hackers who spread viruses..........:mad:

Glad you got it fixed. Wish I could get mine figured out......

Sweetwater

My sis in law got this expletive deleted on her Toshiba laptop a month ago. The bad thing is, the virus installed itself a little at a time, rendering her usually good antivirus moot.

Here's how I learned how to kill it:

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-chat/2453696/posts

Speaking of Comeaux, where's he been hiding lately. I haven't seen him on the boards.

JD

My sis in law got this expletive deleted on her Toshiba laptop a month ago. The bad thing is, the virus installed itself a little at a time, rendering her usually good antivirus moot.

Here's how I learned how to kill it:

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-chat/2453696/posts

Speaking of Comeaux, where's he been hiding lately. I haven't seen him on the boards.

He's been pretty "tied up" with work lately.... :bounce:

radams1228

JD, I got the same thing a couple of times. But only when I would click "allow" on some of the Facebook applications. SOOO...... no more of the Facebook apps!!! No problems since!!

JD

JD, I got the same thing a couple of times. But only when I would click "allow" on some of the Facebook applications. SOOO...... no more of the Facebook apps!!! No problems since!!

The way the family here is on facebook I figured that's where it came from...

I am about ready to pull the plug on all of their aquariums, burn down their gardens, kill the Mafia's and blow up the cafe's...:bounce:

Sweetwater

He's been pretty "tied up" with work lately.... :bounce:

Good for him. :clap:

I know a lot of folks who would love to be working. I been blessed myself here lately.

Back to the virus thang, I'm very heavily considering going to a Linux OS like Ubuntu. They're as virus proof as Apple. The only downside is if you do a lot of gaming on yer puter cuz not many games are written for Linux.

W

wickedjester

JD,
Thought you had seen Quack when I read the title....

Glad it was computer with virus!

Sunshine1

The way the family here is on facebook I figured that's where it came from...

I am about ready to pull the plug on all of their aquariums, burn down their gardens, kill the Mafia's and blow up the cafe's...:bounce:

LMBO:rofl: I shut down my Cafe............I didn't have any problems til I opened that stupid thing. Never again.....

tv_racin_fan

Seen this a couple of times myself. Once the grandson got it and of course clicked NO and by then it is too late, a restart just sets it in place. I got it and had pretty much the same thing happen except I did a hard shut down and all it killed was my internet access and a restore cured that. Third try I did a hard shutdown when I saw the popup before I clicked on anything and it never got set. It matters not where you go either as I found it on a couple of reputeable sites, hackers or script kiddies find a site that doesn't have the latest security and they stick these "viruses" on them, next thing you know 1000's of people have a silly virus and a PC that doesn't function. I got lucky in that I had just worked my tail off cleaning the grandsons PC when I got hit the first time so I knew to do a hard shutdown but I didn't recognize it right off so it still managed to shut down my IE.