Find out in a day or so.

Bob2010

We seeded our plots right before the floods a week or two ago. I went out to look two days after the rain stopped. Some of the quicker germination grass was growing. But we had big bare spots with very little germination. I'm hoping it was just too early and those areas have started filling in. If not we either dragged the seed to deep or the rain washed a bunch of our seed away.

Attachments

• IMG_0486(1).jpg
    IMG_0486(1).jpg
    110.4 KB · Views: 72
  • IMG_0485.jpg
    IMG_0485.jpg
    103.8 KB · Views: 72

lungbuster123

Similar situation for us except we had a lack of rain. We are going to overseed with winter rye, wheat, and white clover in a few weeks ahead of a rain and pray for the best. Our germination wasn't terrible, but definitely put a hurting on them with the lack of water. Good luck man!

Bob2010

I may run out there today to go look. Lol! I can't stand not knowing. I am hunting tomorrow, but I will go in while it is still dark. Im not sure I can't wait until mid day tomorrow to find out. The wheat that did pop have deer all over it.

Bob2010

Similar situation for us except we had a lack of rain. We are going to overseed with winter rye, wheat, and white clover in a few weeks ahead of a rain and pray for the best. Our germination wasn't terrible, but definitely put a hurting on them with the lack of water. Good luck man!

You checked your again? We had lots of rain last few weeks. Maybe your good too?

lungbuster123

You checked your again? We had lots of rain last few weeks. Maybe your good too?

We only got one good rain on the property since we planted. Definitely had some growth starting in better but a few rough bare spots. We overseeded yesterday and hopefully this week with the rain we'll pull them together.

Bob2010

We only got one good rain on the property since we planted. Definitely had some growth starting in better but a few rough bare spots. We overseeded yesterday and hopefully this week with the rain we'll pull them together.

Hope it works and your plot looks good. Hoping some of our clover and other seed starts filling in. Most of what we have now is wheat and Rye.

Bob2010

Looks about like mine did at 2 days germination. Crazy how the seed doesn't all pop at the same time. Now I am just hoping ours will fill in with clover etc. Looks great at a distance but still a bit thin up close. So many acorns and grape vines at our place the deer really are not hitting plots very hard at all yet. I guess that's better than the thing being mowed to the dirt by deer. I'll check it again on Friday.

lungbuster123

Hope it works and your plot looks good. Hoping some of our clover and other seed starts filling in. Most of what we have now is wheat and Rye.

Looks like it's germinating decent atleast. Most of the green is probably our wheat and rye also but our clover is getting some good rain. We'll see how they look this weekend

3acd37cf-9bc0-4d40-9756-6f4685f82efa.jpg

Bob2010

Looks like it's germinating decent atleast. Most of the green is probably our wheat and rye also but our clover is getting some good rain. We'll see how they look this weekend

View attachment 1108240

I have a plot like this too. Leaves are my problem. I need to go with a blower and clean it. Next year I will seed mine a bit early. I can't blow until the seed germinate or I blow all my seed away. It needs to be blown off now but we are about to hunt over there.

lungbuster123

I have a plot like this too. Leaves are my problem. I need to go with a blower and clean it. Next year I will seed mine a bit early. I can't blow until the seed germinate or I blow all my seed away. It needs to be blown off now but we are about to hunt over there.

Had the rain come in as forecasted on our first planting I think it would have done much better. We planted early also but the leaves started changing a lot faster than we expected. Oh well lesson learned for next year I guess

Bob2010

Had the rain come in as forecasted on our first planting I think it would have done much better. We planted early also but the leaves started changing a lot faster than we expected. Oh well lesson learned for next year I guess

I would blow it off. Let the rest of the leaves fall. Then blow it off and rye and clover it. It stays so warm now. All it will take is a few days of warm and the seed will pop.