And then one day a strong rain came

Baroque Brass

It didn’t wash all the crops away but just that morning I‘d carefully and evenly distributed ten pounds of centipede seed into an area I’d spent a couple of days prepping. I’d already put out 700# of lime, then Saturday I harrowed it and put out 150# of 16-4-8 and 65# of kmag (0-0-22). All this was based on the soil analysis. I was hoping for rain but not 1.5” in about 30 minutes. I fear my carefully distributed seed was either washed away or washed to low areas and the grass will be spotty when it germinates. And centipede seed aint cheap at $40/#. I’m hoping it didn’t wash as much as I think it did.

Redbow

Man, sounds like your luck and mine are kin to each other. Hopefully things will turn out good for you though.

Big7

The Oracle
We just had a Severe Thunderstorm Warning from the NWS for S. Barrow, parts of Gwinnett and my area of Walton until 6:18pm They said to expect heavy lightening as well.

Clouds look like it's going to be a gully washer.

oldfella1962

It didn’t wash all the crops away but just that morning I‘d carefully and evenly distributed ten pounds of centipede seed into an area I’d spent a couple of days prepping. I’d already put out 700# of lime, then Saturday I harrowed it and put out 150# of 16-4-8 and 65# of kmag (0-0-22). All this was based on the soil analysis. I was hoping for rain but not 1.5” in about 30 minutes. I fear my carefully distributed seed was either washed away or washed to low areas and the grass will be spotty when it germinates. And centipede seed aint cheap at $40/#. I’m hoping it didn’t wash as much as I think it did.
HA! You read my mind on "wash all the crops away". I used to hear Patches on the radio all the time back in the day.

Baroque Brass

HA! You read my mind on "wash all the crops away". I used to hear Patches on the radio all the time back in the day.
And at the age of 66 I felt I had the weight of the whole world on my shoulders. Oh, never mind.