Finding beds and catching bream... lots of pics

olcaptain

Yesterday I went "bed picking", fishing a wiggler on a 1/32 oz jighead, and also using "root beer float" color trout magnets tipped with a small piece of Berkley power wiggler when I ran out of worms. I caught a lot of big shellcracker, bluegill, and one fine redbreast - the first time I've ever caught one in this lake, I didn't know any were in there:
View attachment 1079050View attachment 1079051View attachment 1079052View attachment 1079053View attachment 1079054View attachment 1079055View attachment 1079056View attachment 1079057View attachment 1079058View attachment 1079059

Beautiful fish!!

little rascal

(Bunch of male shell crackers more worried about fight'n each other over territory than eat'n a cricket. Even laid a cricket on one's back and he never paid one bit of attention.
I'll be waiting for the big females to show up.)
Now, now, we've talked about that before. You know Shellcrackers won't bite a Cricket as good, they like worms.

Batjack

Cap`n Jack 1313
(Bunch of male shell crackers more worried about fight'n each other over territory than eat'n a cricket. Even laid a cricket on one's back and he never paid one bit of attention.
I'll be waiting for the big females to show up.)
Now, now, we've talked about that before. You know Shellcrackers won't bite a Cricket as good, they like worms.
Hence the pinks I'm pick'n up in the a.m. along with more bugs.