Fire Pit!!! Updated with Progress Photos

GAbuckhunter88

So we just bought our first house and the first project I wanted to do was build a nice fire pit area. I have access to a lot of Granite Cobblestone layed in the streets of Atlanta back in the late 1800's so I thought that would be a cool material to build it out of not to mention a good conversation piece. Here is where I am at so far. The pit is 3-1/2 feet inside dimension. Hope to finish it up by the end of this weekend. Will post more pictures as I go.

Added some progress pictures from this weekend. All I have left to do is finish adding the River Rock around the pit and pressure wash everything then it will be time to light the first fire!!!:fine:

Attachments

• IMG_0913.jpg
    IMG_0913.jpg
    143.6 KB · Views: 4,236
  • IMG_0914.jpg
    IMG_0914.jpg
    130.3 KB · Views: 3,443
  • IMG_0915.jpg
    IMG_0915.jpg
    173.5 KB · Views: 3,459
  • IMG_0916.jpg
    IMG_0916.jpg
    112.8 KB · Views: 3,413
Last edited:

mrs. hornet22

Beach Dreamer
:cool::cool:
Can't wait to see the finished product. :clap:

carver

Looks great,I used a walkmaker mold for my setting area

and for my walkway

Sweet set up. It looks great and I love the look and history of the cobblestone. I am a big fan of cobblestone, always have been.

wvdawg

Staff member
That should turn out awesome! Good looking stones to work with.

280bst

That's the start of a lot of Tall tales and well spun yarns Looks Great :clap:

Northwestretriever

Congratulations on the new house!!! Looking good so far!!!

Look forward to more pics.

7 point

Looks good I m trying to get a piece of 36'' storm water pipe for my pit.

BlackEagle

Banned
Be sure to glue them with silicone! You'll be glad you did. It doesnt take much but it will keep them from moving. Ive built a couple hundred fire pits from free standing block/rock when I was in the landscaping business and the adhesive is a must! Looks good!

GAbuckhunter88

Be sure to glue them with silicone! You'll be glad you did. It doesnt take much but it will keep them from moving. Ive built a couple hundred fire pits from free standing block/rock when I was in the landscaping business and the adhesive is a must! Looks good!

I used a Fire Place repair mortar caulk to bond all of the blocks together. I wanted something that would stand up to the heat.

7 point

Be careful as that will have the possibility of exploding when it gets to hot.

Thanks for the advise I know we had one years ago at a old camp we had it lasted for years but that is certainly some thing to watch for.

godevilducker

Looking at building one myself. What type of adhesive yall talking bout using? Only use it with no mortar or add it to the mortar?